According to Yahoo! Sports’ Tim Brown, the Chicago Cubs have signed former Yankee, Xavier Nady, to a one-year deal. He will likely serve as outfield insurance but will also be a right-handed platoon option, spelling Kosuke Fukudome against left-handers.
How does this affect the Yankees’ pursuit of a right-handed bat? Well, the Yankees [...]
Midway through the 2008 season Brian Cashman made a trade that looked pretty good at the time, bringing both Xavier Nady and Damaso Marte to the Bronx from the Pirates. The oddness of the trade’s outcome has seldom been put into perspective.
Nady was in the midst of a career year. [...]
Here are a few quick outfield-related items on the day:
Scott Boras says that his client, Xavier Nady, will be ready for spring training. In the same FOX Sports article, we learn that the Cubs are interested in Nady. Mark Bowman thinks that the Braves may also have an interest in signing [...]
So far Brian Cashman has followed through on one-third of my dream offseason plan — the bringing Nick Johnson back component. At this point the Yankees apparently have no further interest in Ben Sheets, and it appears that the Cardinals are about to lock Matt Holliday up.
In the last two days, we’ve seen both Mark DeRosa and Jason Bay agree to terms with the Giants and Mets respectively. While the Giants will play DeRosa at third, they could still use him in left field and other places. Bay will obviously play left field for the Mets, earning at least [...]
While today seemed to be a fairly quiet day in the Yankee Universe, a number of reports surfaced suggesting the pool of left fielders being considered by the Yankees is shrinking. First, from Ken Rosenthal, we learn that Mark Derosa is on his way to San Francisco:
The San Francisco Giants are closing in [...]
The Yankees traded Melky Cabrera for Javier Vazquez, and in so doing addressed their one glaring weakness: a 4th starting pitcher. The move meant the team was parting ways with a home-grown, fan-favorite, but the trade has been described as a slam dunk. Vazquez doesn’t need to be a rotation leader for [...]
As explained by Tim Dierkes (MLBTR), “[f]or a team to receive draft pick compensation for a departing free agent, arbitration first must be offered to that player. The risk is that the player will accept, and the team will be stuck with that player on a non-guaranteed contract for 2010.” Last winter, in order [...]
Despite a productive partnership, once the ’09 season is completed, the Yankees will likely cut ties with current DH, Hideki Matsui. The the only reason for the relationship’s end is Matsui’s lack of positional flexibility—that and age. With several large contracts on the books and a number of aging players on the roster, the Yankees [...]
Remember the cries of outrage when the Yankees traded for Xavier Nady and Damaso Marte for a package of prospects last year? We heard the usual reactions of how ‘it’s bad for Baseball’ and ‘the rich get richer’ from many of the usual suspects. Tyler Kepner of the New York Times has a [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees