It is officially confirmed. Tomorrow, at Yankee Stadium, Andy Pettitte will start Game 6 on short-rest. In his career, Pettitte has started 14 games on 3 days of rest, winning only 4 of those starts (6 losses). During those 86 2/3 innings, which is a fairly “substantial” sample, Pettitte had a 4.15 ERA [...]
Thus far, what has been a memorable postseason, to say the least, has not been kind to Yankees slugger, Mark Teixeira. Though he has often dazzled with his golden glove, causing the always insightful Tim McCarver to continuously refer to him as a Hoover—like the vacuum, Teixeira has struggled mightily to produce offensively, [...]
A rough start by AJ Burnett on 3-days rest put the Yankees in a 6-2 hole that they were ultimately unable to recover from. The enigmatic righty lasted just 2+ innings, giving up 6 runs on 4 hits and 4 walks. After Alfredo Aceves and Dave Robertson combined for 4 innings of effective relief, 2 [...]
Cliff Lee is damn good at baseball. So is Chase Utley. On a night when Lee appeared to have less than pinpoint control, he still mostly stifled the Yankee bats for the second time in the World Series, leading the Phillies to an 8-6 victory and narrowing the Yankees’ [...]
Due to Melky Cabrera’s hamstring injury, Brett Gardner will be in center for the Yankees in Game 5. Melky is not expected to return for the rest of the series, therefore, the Yankees will replace his roster spot with Ramiro Pena (the MLB has approved of the change).
-That Johnny Damon play will go down in World Series history as one of the great, heads up plays in Yankee playoff history and will be trivia question (what Yankee stole two bases on 1 pitch in the 2009 world Series?) forever. Don’t forget the situation at the time. The Yanks were [...]
The Yankees beat the Phillies 7-4 in Game 4 of the 2009 World Series and are now one victory away from winning their 27th championship.
This was actually a pretty tough game to watch, between a not-terrible Joe Blanton, a somewhat shaky CC Sabathia and a couple of timely [...]
Via Marc Carig (Star-Ledger), we learn that A.J. Burnett will be the Yankees starter for Game 5 (on short-rest). During his career, Burnett has started 4 games on 3 days rest and has won all 4 of them. In those 4 starts, he has a 2.33 ERA over 27 innings and a 2.40 K/BB [...]
From Ken Rosenthal (FOX Sports):
For Alex Rodriguez, the adjustment was simple — swing at strikes, the way he did in the first two rounds of the playoffs.
For Nick Swisher, the change was far more dramatic — stunning, in fact, considering that it came in the middle of the World Series.
Swisher, benched [...]
The Yankees won Game 3 of the 2009 World Series 8-5 last night, coming from behind in yet another postseason game.
Things didn’t look too good early on as Cole Hamels appeared to be cruising while Andy Pettitte was having trouble locating, particularly in the second inning, as he [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees