I’m not going to delve terribly deeply into this one since I’d been expecting a Yankee loss in this game since last Sunday, but I do want to note two significant happenings from last night’s 5-4 Yankee loss in extras to the Mariners:
1) They scored against Felix Hernandez! Not only that, [...]
I’ve been about as calm and rational as I know how to be during May, a month that has seen the Yankees stumble to a 12-13 record due to a volatile combination of mediocre pitching performances and offensive hibernations, but I finally lost my patience during tonight’s game against the Mariners, a contest the Yanks [...]
This about sums last night’s game up.
A.J. Burnett tossed seven innings of one-hit, one-run ball against the Royals on Wednesday night (the one hit being a solo home run by Eric Hosmer), and left the game with the Yankees up 2-1. Unfortunately neither Joba Chamberlain (due to [...]
So if I told you CC Sabathia would deliver seven shutout innings of two-hit, one-walk, six-strikeout ball — including retiring the last seventeen Twins he faced in a row –and the Yankees headed into the 8th with a 4-0 lead and Rafael Soriano taking the mound, you’d have to be feeling [...]
Joe Girardi decided to rest both Mark Teixeira and Alex Rodriguez for this one, and I can’t say I had a problem with the move. Having already won the series in Baltimore, getting some extra rest for Tex — who has remained in the lineup despite a big [...]
We last looked at the Yankee bullpen almost two months ago, at which point we concluded that the team could benefit from giving Mark Melancon, Romulo Sanchez and Ivan Nova extended looks to see what they might be able to offer the big league club. Neither [...]
I missed this game, due to a matinee of “American Idiot” — which marked the first time in history I knew the words to every single song in a Broadway musical — and a second consecutive Saturday dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steak House. Given my lifelong love of [...]
Here are the reasons why the Yankees should have won last night’s 7-6 Red Sox victory:
Their ace, despite laboring due to the disgusting mist the teams were forced to play through, tossed seven innings of one-run ball against the second-best offense in the AL.
While injuries have not been kind to the Yankees thus far in the 2010 season, they’ve still managed to score a lot of runs (5.76 per game) despite only having their Opening Day lineup intact for 20 of 38 games.
The real culprit behind the majority of the Yankees’ losses [...]
It’s pretty hard to win a game in the American League when you score only two runs (at least, through the first eight innings of a game), although the Yankees seemed poised to do just that after Phil Hughes threw 5 2/3 innings of wild yet ultimately effective one-run ball.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees