From Joel Sherman:
One AL executive went so far as to say last week, “I have no doubt that the Yankees will sign Cliff Lee.”
The assumption is logical. Javier Vazquez ($11.5 million) will come off the payroll, and Andy Pettitte ($11.75 million) contemplates retirement annually. Their combined salaries are roughly what it is [...]
[image title="Detroit+Tigers+v+Toronto+Blue+Jays+R9W0tYZiG5nl" size="full" id="17439" align="center" linkto="full" ]
This was a thought that I saw posted elsewhere over the last few days, but cannot remember where I saw it first. If this was your point, I apologize for not linking to you.
With Austin Jackson performing incredibly well in Detroit, Ian Kennedy looking good [...]
Via Terry Foster of the Detroit News:
Tigers rookie center fielder Austin Jackson only thinks about one thing every day he comes to the ballpark.Relax.
That’s why he makes playing center field look so easy. That’s why he leads the major leagues with 40 hits and is second in batting average (.367). And it’s why [...]
[image title="TheoCashman" size="full" id="17318" align="center" linkto="full" ]
This is a continuation of a discussion that I was having offline with a group of Red Sox fans. Those fans, in the face of the team’s poor start, have taken to ripping Theo Epstein for the team’s performance, blaming his emphasis on pitching and defense for [...]
[image title="D062496046.JPG" size="full" id="16069" align="center" linkto="full" ]
The Yankees returned Rule 5 selection Jamie Hoffmann to the Dodgers today, completing what was a fairly disappointing spring training with the Yankees for the 25 year old prospect. Hoffmann went just 3-23 for the Yankees, and was unable to wrest a position on the team away [...]
Yesterday in the comments of Chris’s article on Brian Cashman and Kei Igawa, a discussion about whom the Yankees have traded in the past two seasons started. I’m of the opinion that with a few exceptions, the players Brian Cashman has traded have been nothing incredibly special and losing them will not hurt [...]
[image title="javier-vazquez-230x300" size="full" id="13388" align="center" ]MLBTR reports that the Yankees will acquire Javy Vazquez for Melky Cabrera, Michael Dunn, and Arodys Vizcaino. They will pay the entirety of Vazquez’s 11.5 million dollar salary.
I’m at work, so this will have to be pretty brief.
Melky leaving clears the way for some kind of left field [...]
The Yankees’ acquisition of Curtis Granderson yesterday obviously affects their other outfielders and free agents Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui. ESPN’s Buster Olney says that if the Yanks re-sign Damon, they’re more likely to trade Nick Swisher. He finds it “increasingly unlikely” that they re-sign Matsui, whether or not Damon returns. Olney doesn’t [...]
Lots of opinions floating around the blogosphere.
Greg Fertel (gets the prize for best write-up and analysis of the night):
Granderson looks tuned for a big improvement a la Nick Swisher in 2010. From the Yankees’ perspective, how could you not like this move? They added a 29-year-old center fielder with plus defense and [...]
From Pete Caldera (NJ.com):
“My work’s going to start again tomorrow,” general manager Brian Cashman said outside the home clubhouse early Thursday morning, while players and staff were still celebrating their World Series-clinching victory over Philadelphia in Game 6. “That’s the way it is in the front office.”
Caldera goes on to outline the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees