According to George King (NY Post), a team interested in acquiring reliever Brian Bruney from the Yankees, was told that Bruney would be headed to Atlanta. I’m not really sure why the Braves would be interested in the frustrating righty — actually, two teams are interested in him if this report is [...]
The main issue at hand, at least from a financial perspective, with regards to a Roy Halladay trade is whether or not the 32-year old right-hander would require an extension upon being moved. Such a contingency would be extremely costly for a team, especially after parting with high-end prospects from one’s farm system. After [...]
Via MLBTR comes this piece from Jeremy Sandler of the National Post. In it, Sandler brings us a few tidbits regarding the Blue Jays’ asking price for their 32-year old ace, Roy Halladay. While most of what Sandler has to say isn’t at all surprising—for instance, stating that Toronto desires “young, [...]
From Mark Feinsand (Daily News):
Halladay wants out of Toronto, but it’s unlikely that he would waive his no-trade clause to be dealt to a team unless he was able to sign a long-term extension – something only a select few teams have the resources to do, most notably the Yankees and Red [...]
From Joel Sherman (NY Post):
In a cost-cutting frame of mind, the Tigers have let teams now that Curtis Granderson could be had for the right package, an NL executive told The Post.Granderson would be attractive to many teams, with the Yankees near the top of the list. They have long searched for [...]
From Ken Rosenthal (FOX Sports):
The Yankees talked with the Brewers about trading for center fielder Mike Cameron before the Aug. 31 deadline for setting postseason rosters, but the teams did not get close to a deal, major-league sources say.
Cameron has long been a Yankees’ favorite, but the club did not want to [...]
Via Marc Carig, we learn that the Yankees have acquired Freddy Guzman (not Christian Guzman) from the Orioles for a PTBNL. Guzman’s wheels appear to be his best asset, as his offense is extremely limited (I use that phrase kindly). Carig notes that Guzman will head to Scranton.
Also, from Jon Heyman, [...]
The Yankees acquired Chad Gaudin from the Padres for a PTBNL. Gaudin has 19 starts for the Padres this year, and has pitched to the tune of a 5.13 ERA. He has a career ERA of 4.58, and has some experience pitching in the AL East, having come up with Tampa. Throw him onto the [...]
Joel Sherman has the news. Hairston, 33, was acquired from the Reds, where he hit .254/.305/.397. He can play the OF—all three positions—and some IF (3B, 2B, SS). Hairston isn’t as fast as Gardner (not even close), but he offers some speed and is a good OF defender while his defense in the IF [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees