Not much to say about this one. For the second straight day the Yankees’ magical first-half starter tandem of Bartolo Colon and Freddy Garcia got lit up, this time with the latter giving up six runs (5 earned) over 5 innings.
The best the Yankees can now do is split [...]
The Yanks are back in action tonight against the pesky Blue Jays. They’ll be looking to pick themselves up after yesterday’s embarrassing 16-7 dismantling. In the spirit of Friday day humor, here’s an outstanding graphic compliments of The Onion. Use this as your game thread for the evening. If things get rough this evening, [...]
Safe to say this was not the way the Yankees were hoping to kick off the second half of the season.
Events unfolded about as terribly as one could imagine in Thursday night’s ballgame, as the Blue Jays scored eight times in the first inning and led 9-0 after two. Though the eight first-inning runs [...]
The Yankees open the second half of the season with a four-gamer in Toronto, heading back up to Canada for the first time since April.
The Bombers are 5-3 against the Blue Jays this season, and only need four wins in their remaining 10 games against the Extra-Base Hits to exceed their 2010 win total [...]
For the first time in seemingly forever, the Yankees actually jumped all over a Lefty-They’ve-Never-Seen-Before™ in the form of Jo-Jo Reyes (who only lasted three innings and gave up five runs — now that’s more like it!) and never looked back, taking the rubber game against the Blue Jays 7-3 on a [...]
If, after being stifled by Ricky Romero for seemingly the 80,000th time, you felt like the game was probably over for the Yankees after the Blue Jays’ ace departed with a 4-1 lead after seven strong frames, it’d be hard to disagree with that sentiment, considering the Yankees were 1-18 when trailing after [...]
Bartolo Colon got through the first five innings relatively unscathed (save a first-inning solo Jose Baustista, which happens) before giving up five runs in the sixth inning, which wound being plenty for the Blue Jays, who beat the Yankees 7-3 Monday night.
True to form, the Yankees couldn’t do much of anything [...]
It’s no secret that Jose Bautista has, in seemingly record time, become the most feared hitter in baseball. What Bautista has accomplished thus far in 2011 this is insane — through a mere 38 games, Bautista has a .549(!) wOBA, which is comprised of a .353/.500(!)/.816(!!) triple slash (both his OBP and SLG [...]
Sorry for another abbreviated weekend recap; we should be back up to regular speed on the weekends soon. Anyway…
This one’s gonna be bullet-point style, as I missed most last night’s 5-3 Yankee loss and have a variety of personal obligations to tend to:
- Ricky Romero was his usual studly self, holding the Yankees to two runs over six innings, though he wasn’t very economical about it, needing 109 pitches [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees