SI’s Tom Verducci recently proposed some radical changes designed to improve Major League Baseball. His suggestions stem from the NFL’s emergence as the most popular American sport.
The entertainment beast that is the National Football League — where a stinking, meaningless week two preseason game was the most watched show of [...]
I recently received an email asking me why I ignored Tom Verducci’s recent article on pitcher workloads and his highlighting of Joba Chamberlain as a pitcher at risk in 2010. I felt that response would be better served by a full post. There are a number of reasons for my disinterest:
1) His premise [...]
Tom Verducci recently ran an “efficiency” study to determine which MLB teams get the biggest bang for their buck. Essentially, he figured out cost per win (Opening Day payroll divided by wins) and used that number as his starting point. From there, it got a bit more complicated:
Cost Per Win is good, but [...]
Three quick bits to cap off the night:
2. Also, the new Yankee Stadium continues to cause controversy. This time, [...]
Joe Torre spoke with Jack Curry (NY Times) about the recent controversy regarding he and Tom Verducci’s book, The Yankee Years. In Curry’s interview, Torre manages to tap dance around all of the questions and doesn’t provide much in the form of an apology (I think his comments crossed the line). Instead, in the [...]
Michiko Kakutani (NY Times) has an excellent review out on the new Verducci-Torre book, The Yankee Years. In the book it seems that Verducci, with Torre’s insider knowledge and expertise, has crafted an insightful text about an evolving franchise and one that experienced (and some could argue is still experiencing) an “identity crisis.”
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees