Recently in a very entertaining interview with Men’s Journal, Buck Showalter made some bold remarks.
“The first time we went to Yankee Stadium, I screamed at Derek Jeter from the dugout. Our guys are thinking, ‘Wow, he’s screaming at Derek Jeter.’ Well, he’s always jumping back from balls just off the [...]
[image title="TheoCashman" size="full" id="17318" align="center" linkto="full" ]
This is a continuation of a discussion that I was having offline with a group of Red Sox fans. Those fans, in the face of the team’s poor start, have taken to ripping Theo Epstein for the team’s performance, blaming his emphasis on pitching and defense for [...]
In an interview with WEEI, while discussing left field for his ballclub in 2010 and stressing the importance of defense at that position, Red Sox architect, Theo Epstein, inadvertently made the case for starting Brett Gardner in left field for the Yankees as well. And, though it pains me to give any Red Sox [...]
Matt wrote an excellent post this morning about bringing statistics into the mainstream, and I think Chris began to follow through on that with his fascinating post on breaking down UZR. Both posts illustrated that fans now have more information at their hands than ever before, and that we can educate ourselves about [...]
The headline on ESPN? Varitek to return to Red Sox. This is almost as good as the Yankees winning the World Series a week ago today. Just how bad was Jason Varitek last year? So bad that the Red Sox declined their one year, $5 million option to retain [...]
From Joe Posnanski:
“That’s not true. With RBIs, yes. Based on his skill set, he’s always going to have underwhelming RBI totals. I couldn’t care less. When you’re putting together a winning team, that honestly doesn’t matter. When you have a player who takes a ton of walks, who doesn’t put the ball in [...]
[image title="theo3" size="full" id="6755" align="left" alt="theo smirk" ]
They may have to temporarily halt production of the “Theo Epstein, The Man Behind the Genius” NBC special report. The nauseating worship of the so-called boy genius by some was starting to get out of hand and it’s always nice to see the mighty toppled. I know [...]
When the Yankees grabbed Johnny Damon from the Red Sox after the 2005 season, the general consensus among fans and insiders was that it was a good move in the short term, but that Damon would not be worth the 52 million he was getting by the end of the deal. It seemed like another [...]
From The Boston Globe:
I think in general that’s how I look at free agent negotiations — true open-market negotiations — with players the Yankees will be interested in, I think they’re going to get that player, because they just have a bigger margin for error than we do. I’m not complaining — we [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees