With the Yankees’ loss to Philly last night, the Rays’ loss to Atlanta, and the scrappy, small-market Red Sox’s win over Arizona, the tight race in the AL East that everyone predicted in the preseason is finally here. The three teams sit atop the AL East, and all of baseball. [...]
The Yankees lost to the Orioles 4-3 in a game that might’ve been more frustrating if it hadn’t been absurdly inevitable.
Let me count the ways:
1) The Yankees had a 10-game winning streak against the O’s. They were going to win a game at some point.
2) The [...]
The Orioles had jumped out to a 2-0 lead against CC Sabathia in the bottom of the 3rd inning of last night’s contest, and though it seemed highly unlikely that that would end up being the final score, I was still a bit frustrated to see Sabathia losing to [...]
The Yankees (35-22) get to play the worst team in baseball for a three-game set for the second week in a row, and the only negative to be drawn is that after the culmination of this series they only get six more games against Baltimore (16-41).
Phil Hughes (2.54 [...]
The Yankees decided to make this one more interesting than they should have. The offense did its job, plating 6 runs, including an opposite field 2-run homer from Alex Rodriguez and 2 hits from both Curtis Granderson and Mark Teixeira, but CC Sabathia was just OK. The big lefty started [...]
I took my sweet time getting home from the Stadium tonight. It was only fitting that I had no idea what took place in Detroit until Baseball Tonight came on ESPN. The only thing I can say is that I’m a strong proponent of instant replay in every sport. Shoddy officiating robbed Armando [...]
In light of the Red Sox’s dominance of the Orioles this decade (Sunday night’s loss to Baltimore aside) and the fact that the Yankees embark on the first of 18 against their fellow AL East rival and Boston’s favorite punching bag tonight, I wanted to see how the Yankees [...]
The Yankees lost for the third time in four games yesterday, falling to the Angels 8-4. Things started out well enough, and dreams of a 4-2 west coast road trip (along with a 4-2 record vs. the Los Annoying Annoyings of Annoyanceland) started dancing in my head after the [...]
Apparently the Yankees have their own version of Roy Halladay in Andy Pettitte, who tossed a fourth straight gem in hurling 8 innings of one-run ball in the Yankees’ 7-1 win over the Halos in the Saturday afternoon Fox Game of Death.
I only saw bits and pieces of [...]
Friday night’s game against the Angels looked as though it might get out of hand quickly, as A.J. Burnett had almost nothing in the early going, but ultimately managed to somewhat limit the damage, tossing 6 1/3 innings of four-run ball. While not an ideal outing from Burnett, the Yankees [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees