The Yankees — riding a far-from-dominant but still-plenty-competitive outing by CC Sabathia — finally erupted on offense after a three-game stretch in which they scored only five runs, beating the Rangers 7-2 to stay alive [...]
Game 4 of the 2010 American League Championship Series was basically a microcosm of everything that went wrong for the Yankees at one point or another this season: A.J. Burnett had a lousy start (though was actually one out away from a surprisingly fantastic start), the offense excruciatingly squandered [...]
First things first. Andy Pettitte was everything the Yankees could’ve hoped for in their 8-0 Game 3 loss to the Rangers. After the dual miserable outings from CC Sabathia and Phil Hughes, Pettitte delivered seven brilliant innings of two-run ball — the only mistake coming on [...]
The Yankees’ starting pitcher sunk the team in a seemingly insurmountable hole early for the second straight game, only this time the Bombers were unable to rally back, falling to the Rangers 7-2 to knot the ALCS at one game apiece.
Phil Hughes just flat-out didn’t have it, [...]
In a game in which CC Sabathia delivered his worst outing in pinstripes (a very un-Sabathia-like 4 innings of five-run ball) and the Yankees’ chances of winning fell as low as 2.9% as of the bottom of the sixth, the team surprised the ever-loving hell [...]
This is part 5 of 6 of The Yankee U’s preview of the 2010 American League Championship Series. Part 1 examined C.J. Wilson and Colby Lewis. Part 2 featured Cliff Lee and Tommy Hunter. Part 3 looked at the Texas offense, and Part 4 examined the Texas bullpen and bench.
Stephen asked me to handle [...]
Welcome to the fourth and final installment of Yankeeist’s 2010 ALCS Series Preview, in which we’ll be taking a look at a few specific factors that could influence how the series plays out. In case you missed parts 1, 2 and 3, please click on the following:
As you know, the Yankees square off against the Rangers in the 2010 American League Championship Series beginning tomorrow night. This will be the Yankees’ 14th appearance in the ALCS, which was created in 1969 (though not expanded to its current seven-game format until 1985), and the Rangers’ first. The [...]
The Yankees announced last night that they haven’t changed their roster from the first round. Likewise, I wouldn’t expect too many changes on the Rangers’ front, although given Ron Washington’s [...]
With Cliff Lee unavailable to the Rangers until Game 3 of the ALCS, CJ Wilson will get the start for Texas in the series opener. Wilson faced the Yankees 3 times in 2010, and put up the following line:
0-1, 14.1 IP, 5.65 ERA, 1.88 WHIP, 1.67 SO/BB, .300/.408/.350
The Yankees did a pretty good [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees