I probably need to start giving the Rangers’ pitchers some credit. I didn’t believe in C.J. Wilson or Colby Lewis last year, and Matt Harrison seemed like a prime candidate for a beatdown on Friday evening at Yankee Stadium.
Instead, Harrison took my regression prediction and ostensibly told [...]
The top two offenses in the league square off for three games in the Bronx this weekend as the Yankees (7-4, 1st in the AL East) host the AL West-leading Rangers and try to exact some measure of revenge on the team that knocked them out of the playoffs in the 2010 American [...]
Note: For previous Yankee Analyst 2011 team previews, click here.
In divvying up the 2011 team previews, I knew I wanted both the Rangers and Twins. Having spent massive amounts of time analyzing both teams for the the 2010 ALCS and 2010 ALDS, I felt like I had a pretty good handle [...]
We’re almost done with this series, which means baseball is coming back to us soon.
2010 ended the Anywhere Angels’ three year reign of terror on the AL West and saw the Texas Rangers ride a division title to a World Series berth, [...]
During last week’s live chat, friend-of-the-site Jeff G. inquired as to who I expected to overachieve and underachieve in 2011. At the time, I hastily replied that the Athletics and Brewers could qualify as overachieving candidates. As for the underachievers, I went with the Orioles; despite some their [...]
With yet another long-coveted (by me) hitter hitting the free agent market, I’d be remiss if I didn’t at least broach the idea of the Yankees signing Vladimir Guerrero — who recently had his $9M 2011 option rightly declined by the Rangers — to be their DH, assuming the [...]
First of all, congratulations to the San Francisco Giants and their fans. One of my favorite aspects of the 2010 World Series was that regardless of who won, in either case a long-suffering fan base was finally going to be rewarded after years of patience and support. It’s been a [...]
Much of the post-ALCS buzz has centered around Joe Girardi. He is taking criticism from all corners about his managing during the ALCS, as many have placed a large portion of the blame for the 6 game loss to the Rangers on his shoulders. While much of the complaining is driven by hindsight, some of [...]
It’s pretty hard to win baseball games — not to mention a playoff series — when your team doesn’t hit. It’s also pretty difficult when your pitching mostly fails you as well. The Yankees came up empty on both sides of the ball throughout the majority of the 2010 American [...]
Throughout the entire American League Championship Series, one aspect that has struck me more than anything else about this Texas Rangers team — and given the way they’ve mostly manhandled the Yankees, there’s certainly been plenty of competition in the “things I wasn’t aware the Rangers were capable of doing” [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees