That has been the popular refrain over the last few days among those questioning Alex Rodriguez’s claim that he did not know what he was taking. “A world class athlete, a work out freak, he must know everything that enters his body.” Not so, says Buster Olney:
There is a broad assumption that ballplayers [...]
Seriously though — reporters can’t get enough
Let’s talk about youthful indiscretion. Jon Heyman and Ben Reiter of SI don’t buy Alex Rodriguez’s notion that he was “young and dumb.” They think he’s trying to blame the steroid use on his age and immaturity rather than fess up and say, “I wanted [...]
[image title="Yankees Rodriguez Baseball" size="full" id="891" align="center" ]
If you missed it, a transcript is available here.
I believe Alex in regard to the extent of his steroid use. It seems perfectly logical that he started taking steroids in 2001 and stopped about when testing began. I wish that he would have owned [...]
This is an issue that I have been harping upon for a while, and now I find out that Curt Schilling agrees with me. I feel a bit nauseous:
During the 2001 season, in the clubhouse, Pedro [Gomez] and I got into a shouting match about players and steroids. In the middle of [...]
I’m sorry, but it is the biggest story in baseball.
1. Selena Roberts, the reporter who broke the A-Rod steroid scandal, is still working on a forthcoming book regarding the controversial slugger. Here is a rather interesting quote from her editor.
“The book is still a work in progress,” said her book editor, Mr. [...]
Joba Chamberlain could teach his team’s captain a few things about supporting teammates as the Yankees phenom threw himself completely behind beleaguered third baseman Alex Rodriguez.
Joba Chamberlain has no doubt that Yankees teammate Alex Rodriguez will be ready to play after an offseason full of distractions.
“He’s still going to be the Alex that [...]
UPDATE 2:20 p.m.
According to ESPN, Rodriguez admitted to using performance-enhancing drugs beginning in 2001 but said he has not used them since 2003, his final year with the Texas Rangers. The full interview is set to air at 6:00 p.m. with several television teasers slated throughout the day.
Several news outlets, including the NY [...]
From the Daily News:
One Yankees official said the team has no intention of coming to the party boy’s defense, and general manager Brian Cashman has not returned reporters’ calls, which is no surprise, the official noted.
“The ball is really in Alex’s court,” the official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity.
Two quick bits for your A-Rod fix (via WW):
Brian Bruney backs A-Rod and will continue to support him no matter what happens with the steroid allegations. Also, Scott Boras claims that Alex will issue a response to the SI story once he gets back from the Bahamas.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
- Multitech-Info.Com.pl on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- adult toys for women glass on Ladies and Gents, we now have a formula for winning in October
- monster beats tour on Midseason Prospect Rankings
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees