After last night’s game, AJ Burnett was quite upfront about how he has pitched thus far as a Yankee:
“Terrible,” Burnett said when asked how he would characterize his season. “There have been glimpses of greatness, but I’m not very consistent right now. I’m not a negative guy, so I’m not going to beat [...]
This morning, I saw the following from Pete Abe, and it just struck me as indicative of how most Yankees fans see Damaso Marte:
Failure to Launch divx (Meanwhile, did you ever notice that nobody — fans or media — ever asks about a bad player when he is injured? We quiz [...]
The statistical revolution in the field of baseball analysis can be nothing but a good thing. More precise metrics have allowed us to gain a better understanding of the game and learn how to better evaluate players and performances. However, this has also led to some amateur statisticians using these numbers incorrectly to reach certain [...]
On Friday, Mike Axisa at RAB posted the following about Derek Jeter:
Let’s face it folks, the Captain is at the point in his career where he’s gradually making his way over to the glue factory. Check it out:
2006 2007 2008
OBP .417 .388 .363
One debate that often comes up between the traditional fan and those who employ sabermetrics is the role of the closer, and late inning relievers in general. Sabermetricians would argue that runs in the 8th and 9th innings count no more and no less than those in the 1st, suggesting that having a cold-blooded closer [...]
The last few years have seen an explosion in the use of advanced and sabermetric statistics to analyze the national pastime. This has lead to a great divide among commentators and fans as to the value of statistics in judging players, teams, and performances. It seems that this issue has lead to the forming of [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees