The Yankees’ current four-game losing streak has been tougher to endure than any other stretch thus far this year — the dual fear of the Red Sox hanging around past their expiration date coupled with a desire to see the team head into the postseason on a high note has [...]
Prior to starting this WAR endeavor, I was initially most interested in the story that the numbers told on the topic of MLB’s third basemen in terms of value. Likewise, Alex Rodriguez will always be a major point of interest for me in general. How often do you have a player who’s so completely [...]
As the title suggests, today’s WAR lens focuses in on shortstops from around the league. This of course includes our very own, El Capitán. Before you read the rest of this post please understand the following:
1) WAR is not the be-all end-all to sabermetrics by any means, and yes, [...]
When Joba Chamberlain came out of the bullpen on Tuesday night Larry asked me if I thought we’d ever see Joba in the rotation again. We both felt that the answer was probably not, regardless of the fact that we both endorse the idea of Joba getting another shot as a starter. The bottom [...]
The next stop on the “WAR Tour” involves second basemen, specifically Robinson Cano. If you hadn’t had an opportunity to read our Mark Teixeira WAR analysis, click here. Similar to the prior WAR post, I included several of the most productive second basemen in the game. Despite injury-plagued seasons, I also [...]
As I watched last night’s bout between two American League heavyweight favorites, I began pondering how this year’s cast of Yankees compared with the rest of league as individuals in terms of overall value. Obviously, as a team, the Yanks are pretty solid (despite recent frustrations).
I figured it would be interesting [...]
After reviewing the bullpens of the presumptive AL playoff field yesterday I thought it’d be interesting to take a look at the individual and cumulative numbers for the pitchers from each American League postseason team that will likely be under consideration for starts.
It’s obviously too soon to know [...]
In Yankeeist’s August Monthly Wrap-Up I noted that the Yankees’ offensive fortunes would improve with the return of a healthy and effective Alex Rodriguez and Lance Berkman. Thus far Alex has more than lived up to his end of the bargain, slaughtering his ZiPS RoS projection on [...]
In pulling together the Yanks-Rays Series Preview for this week I couldn’t help but notice that the four teams likely headed to the postseason in the American League had four of the strongest bullpens in the league. Not that this is surprising news in any way, shape or form, but it did make me wonder [...]
Recently I put together a post analyzing Ivan Nova‘s performance. My purpose was to take a look at his peripheral stats to try to understand if he was really showing potential, or if he was getting lucky, and was due to get shelled. To do this I collected data on all the Yankee [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
- Multitech-Info.Com.pl on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- adult toys for women glass on Ladies and Gents, we now have a formula for winning in October
- monster beats tour on Midseason Prospect Rankings
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees