Baseball analysts and fans alike have in the past suggested that a team with a superior bullpen should play to shorten the game to six or seven innings. This would mean pulling a starter an inning or so early, even if he’s got something [...]
While Brad Penny will probably never return to the level of pitching he reached as a Dodger in 2007 — 3.03 ERA/3.63 FIP/4.33 xFIP; 4.3 fWAR — the 32-year-old is an interesting free agent possibility after throwing 41 2/3 innings of 167 ERA+ ball in 2009 for the [...]
My initial supposition upon completing a look at how Yankee lefthanded starting pitchers have fared since 2002 (minimum 15 starts) at Yankee Stadium and on the road was that New York southpaws would have evinced superior home numbers, due in part to the prevailing wisdom that (good) lefthanders can significantly [...]
It’s pretty hard to win baseball games — not to mention a playoff series — when your team doesn’t hit. It’s also pretty difficult when your pitching mostly fails you as well. The Yankees came up empty on both sides of the ball throughout the majority of the 2010 American [...]
After reviewing the bullpens of the presumptive AL playoff field yesterday I thought it’d be interesting to take a look at the individual and cumulative numbers for the pitchers from each American League postseason team that will likely be under consideration for starts.
It’s obviously too soon to know [...]
Via RAB, Andy Pettitte is slated to make his much-anticipated return to the Yankee rotation this Sunday, September 19, against the Orioles in Baltimore. Andy will be limited to 90 pitches, so hopefully he can make the most of them.
Here’s what the Yankee pitching staff did with Pettitte in 91 games through [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees