Baseball Prospectus recently published their annual book which is a must read for baseball fans. They’ve also been rolling out some changes to their stats, many of which show up in the annual. The biggest change is their fielding metric, FRAA which you can find out about here. Using FRAA and TAv, or true average [...]
Yesterday, I posted a piece musing on whether or not Mark Buehrle and/or Chris Carpenter would be come available during the season and whether or not the Yankees should be interested in trading for either one. For the purpose of this post, let’s assume they both are available and the Yankees are interested in [...]
Yesterday, I announced a new prospect rating system that I wanted to use to rank Yankee prospects. There are significant changes from my list half a year ago, mostly because the rating system forced me to more logically think out the rankings, but also because some offseason news changed my opinions slightly.
To refresh: [...]
[image title="slade-heathcott1" size="full" id="24263" align="center" linkto="full" ]The story of 2010 in the Yankee farm system was no doubt, “The Killer B’s all break out.” It provided a huge dose of excitement for us Yankee fans that had been missing (besides Jesus Montero talk) since Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, and Ian Kennedy were coming up. We [...]
[image title="jesus_montero" size="full" id="24033" align="center" linkto="full" ]Yesterday, we learned that Jim Callis regards the Yankees as a top-6 farm system in baseball. Accompanying them are probably going to be Kansas City, Tampa Bay, Cleveland and possibly two of Minnesota, Atlanta and Oakland. Among this group, how to the Yankees rank?
At the top of each [...]
Continuing with Monday’s post, I am reviewing things that surprised me while away for three months. The first five items on Monday dealt with players more established in the system. Now, its time for the fresh out of the box surprises.
6. Adam Warren is the real deal.
After the first two months of the minor league season, the Yankees finally have most of their pieces on the game board. Slade Heathcott and J.R. Murphy are playing in Charleston, and the system has generally enjoyed a run of good health. We’re still waiting on a few big players to make their 2010 debuts [...]
[image title="Slade-Heathcott" size="full" id="14211" align="center" linkto="full" ]
The Yankees drafted Slade Heathcott six months ago and signed him four months ago. Very little news has happened in relation to Heathcott over this time period. We don’t have a lot more information to judge the young outfielder by other than what we knew at the draft. [...]
I never judge a draft class until we know which players have signed or not. The Yankees brought in some expected and some unexpected talent at the signing deadline this year, and now we can finally step back and take a look at what happened in the beginning of the June.
The Top Guys[image title="rise_slade_heathcott1_300" [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees