Well, why not? Here’s my “process”- I like upside, I like guys who are young for their level and I also have to consider the results. Tools don’t always translate into results obviously and it goes the other way as well- just because a guy is putting up huge numbers in A ball doesn’t make him a [...]
Slade Heathcott, the Yankees first-round draft pick in 2009, was off to a strong start to 2011. He put up a sizzling .370/.453/.630 line in April in his return to low-A Charleston, and continued to be productive throughout the first half of May. Then came the May 13 fracas against the Greenville Drive. Heathcott was [...]
After yesterday’s story in the Post Courier about Slade Heathcott turning himself around, it is only fitting that he would be getting into trouble the same day. Fortunately, Heathcott’s backsliding did not involve alcohol or unsafe behavior off the field. Unfortunately, his behavior yesterday on the field will almost certainly lead to a suspension. [...]
Gene Sapakoff of the Charleston Post and Courier just published a tremendous profile of Yankee prospect Slade Heathcott that is definitely required reading. It gives a lot of information on the mysterious “character concerns” that plagued Heathcott leading up to the draft, shedding light on his troubled past, specifically his struggles with alcoholism and a [...]
Many prospect followers have recognized the importance of plate discipline in the future success of a minor league prospect. Batting average and home runs are sexier stats to get excited about, but k:bb ratio is often an important marker of a prospect’s approach at the plate. In this post, I will take a look at [...]
With 1 week of minor league baseball complete so far, I thought it would be interesting to take a look at some of the top performers thus far. Despite short DL stints by Gary Sanchez, Dellin Betances, and Manny Banuelos, there are still some exciting performances to track.
Jesus Montero (Scranton): After a disappointing spring [...]
One of the pleasant surprises early in the 2011 season is the Low-A Charleston Riverdogs’ roster. They have the most talented group of hitters that we’ve seen in Charleston in a long time (at least dating back to the summer when Montero, Romine, Brandon Laird, and Bradley Suttle were all playing together in 2008, but [...]
Slade Heathcott has had an eventful 4 games to start the season with the Charleston Riverdogs. He’s hit .500/.474/1.167 with 2 singles, 4 doubles, a triple, and two home runs. This comes following his first professional season where he hit just 16 doubles, 3 triples, and 2 home runs in 76 games. A [...]
Ah, Charleston. Known as “The Holy City”, it was one of the first colonial cities to allow complete religious freedom. Interestingly, it’s home to the 4th oldest Jewish congregation in the United States, Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim, established in 1749. It’s also home to to the College Of Charleston, where [...]
This is the last of the Questions for 2011 series and it’ll be pretty brief. I’m not going to look much on the macro level, just at a few key players.
Slade Heathcott: We saw patience from Heathcott in 2010–.101 IsoD–but his IsoP was under .100 and that’s not good. So the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
- Multitech-Info.Com.pl on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- adult toys for women glass on Ladies and Gents, we now have a formula for winning in October
- monster beats tour on Midseason Prospect Rankings
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees