Yesterday, after throwing his first bullpen session of the spring, Mariano Rivera, a timeless fixture in the Yankees bullpen, discussed a topic which he rarely needs to address—his own fragility. The 40-year old Rivera underwent surgery prior to the 2009 season in order to remove a bothersome calcification from his right shoulder. When asked [...]
Andy Pettitte was scheduled to pitch tomorrow against the Blue Jays, however, due to “shoulder fatigue,” Chad Gaudin will get the start in his place. Joe Girardi noted that Pettitte’s shoulder issue wasn’t considered serious and that extra rest would likely correct the situation. The Yankees are probably just being cautious with Pettitte [...]
Here are two interesting numbers for you:
91.9 and 91.4.
91.9 mph is the average velocity of Mariano Rivera’s fastball and 91.4 mph is the average velocity of Mariano’s cutter. These numbers are for this season and are noteworthy as they both signal a significant downturn in Rivera’s overall pitch velocity. In the past, [...]
Hopefully we’ll have some baseball tonight against the A’s, but in the meantime, I do have some news.
Chien-Ming Wang’s shoulder has not improved, according to Bryan Hoch, and he continues to feel significant discomfort. Hoch also notes that Wang actually believes his 2009 season may be in jeopardy and that surgery [...]
Mark Feinsand had a great story in the Daily News today about Posada’s arm. In what could be the biggest Yankee news of the Spring (maybe even bigger than A-Rod’s injury, if you think about it), manager Joe Girardi said that Jorge’s arm strength, “nearly resembled regular-season form Thursday night.”
Girardi went on to [...]
From Mark Feinsand (Daily News):
Edwar Ramirez cut his throwing session short after just five pitches, complaining of discomfort in his right shoulder. He was initially diagnosed with tendinitis, but the reliever will visit team orthopedist Dr. Allen Miller today for further evaluation.
“We have to wait,” Ramirez said regarding his level of concern. [...]
From Tyler Kepner (NY Times):
Don’t expect Jorge Posada to catch before mid-March. He will play designated hitter before then, but as he recovers from shoulder surgery, Girardi expects Posada to start only 100 to 110 games behind the plate this season. From 2000 through 2007, Posada always started between 134 and 142 games [...]
Jorge Posada played catch yesterday, throwing 140 times at varying distances. According to Jorge, he’s feeling pretty good and is progressing nicely. Also, speaking of Jorge, he offered a “that’s pretty accurate” of his own, yesterday, when asked if he was one of the 104 players on the now infamous 2003 survey list.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees