I thought we were done with this. One of the banes of the 2010 Yankees’ existence — the lefthanded slop artist — was something this year’s team has convincingly put behind them, which is perhaps why watching the Yankees do absolutely nothing against Jason Vargas — a mediocre pitcher having a bad year [...]
A shaky A.J. Burnett managed to settle down and turn in what ended up being one of his better performances of the season, going six innings, walking two, hitting two, throwing two wild pitches, giving up four hits and only yielding two runs while striking out a season-high 11, as the Yankees
Um, wow. So that happened.
On the list of baseball things I never thought I’d see happen, the Yankees finally beating Felix Hernandez — not to mention dropping six earned runs on the King — for the first time since May 3, 2008 — was probably at the very top. That [...]
The Mariners — who host the Yankees for a three-gamer starting tonight — are a surprising 3-3 on the season against the Yankees, thanks in part to two come-from-behind wins at the end of May in games that the Yankees took unexpected leads against both Michael Pineda and Felix Hernandez. The [...]
Sometimes I hate being right. With the best pitcher in the American League (non-CC Sabathia division) going against a struggling Phil Hughes still trying to find his way, not to mention the fact that Seattle — bad as they are — was beyond overdue for a win, this game had all [...]
As you can see by the title of this post, I’ve run out of words to describe CC Sabathia‘s awesomeness. Sabathia has now become a verb.
I know the Mariners are ostensibly a minor league team (that happens to have one of the best pitchers in baseball) at this point, but holy smokes [...]
In his longest outing of the season, Freddy Garcia once again gave the Yankees a great start, throwing 7 2/3 innings of three-run ball to help beat the Mariners 10-3 and prolong Seattle’s losing streak, now stretching to 16 in a row.
Echoing RAB’s Mike Axisa’s post from last week, at [...]
Starting tonight the Yankees get three more games at home against another light-hitting American League counterpart, only this time instead of the second-worst offensive attack in the AL they get to face the team not only featuring the most execrable offense in the Major Leagues in the form of the Seattle Mariners, but currently in [...]
After two long, late nights that both resulted in rather frustrating losses, I took today’s game off. I did periodically check in on Gameday, but I literally did not see one pitch. And thankfully, CC Sabathia and the Yankees came to play, beating the Mariners 7-1 in the series finale.
Sabathia had [...]
I’m not going to delve terribly deeply into this one since I’d been expecting a Yankee loss in this game since last Sunday, but I do want to note two significant happenings from last night’s 5-4 Yankee loss in extras to the Mariners:
1) They scored against Felix Hernandez! Not only that, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees