Former Yankees Chien-Ming Wang and Johnny Damon have been making contract news lately, but in different directions. Damon is still unemployed, and while it’s rumored that the Braves have sent him an offer and that he’s been coveting the Tigers, it is also said that he continues to hold out [...]
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Braves’ interest in Johnny Damon has increased in recent days, to the point where the club has sent the 36-year old outfielder a one-year offer. Further confirming this is Mark Bowman, who notes that the proposal includes some deferred money. The organization has [...]
Yesterday, the lovable Scott Boras took to the media in order to try and find his client, the 36-year old outfielder, Johnny Damon, a well furnished home. Speaking to Lynn Henning of the Detroit News, Boras connected Damon to the Tigers, who could presumably use a reliable left fielder. “Johnny believes the addition [...]
[image title="1135365038_05711" size="full" id="14576" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Buster Olney has an interesting account of the Johnny Damon negotiations that I am inclined to believe. He suggests that Damon was the Yankees’ Plan A in left and at the 2 slot in the lineup, but simply kept rejecting offers that were commensurate to his [...]
While Scott Boras seems to signal that Johnny Damon’s pinstriped tenure is all but over, Sports Illustrated’s Jon Heyman indicates that there is still a chance the Yankees and the 36-year old free agent can come to an agreement. Brian Cashman, Heyman writes, “is said to only want to do a one-year [...]
[image title="World Series Game 4 - New York Yankees vs. Philadelphia Phillies" size="full" id="13881" align="center" linkto="full" ]
From Pete Caldera:
Out in the Bronx, there is no cause to add a slugging left fielder to the Yankees’ lineup.
“Our team is, for the most part, set,” Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Tuesday [...]
We all know the players, and the dollar values. Alex Rodriguez at $252 million. Barry Zito at $126 million. Johnny Damon at $52 million. Mark Teixeira at $180 million. These are some of Scott Boras’ greatest hits.
But, in the last few seasons his failures have been mounting as well. [...]
Via Buster Olney (ESPN), we learn that in “the early conversations between the Yankees and Johnny Damon’s side, there appears to be a very wide gulf between what the team is willing to pay and what Damon expects to get paid in this winter’s market.” In fact, Jon Heyman (SI) tweets that the [...]
Kevin Brown became the first Major League Baseball player to get paid more than $100 million. Mostly a greedy jerk, Brown is also something of a pioneer. He paved the way for every God-awful, untradeable, “what were they thinking!” mega-contract MLB general managers have handed out since. As Jason Bay, Matt Holiday [...]
From Joel Sherman (NY Post):
So much for the hometown discount. The Yankees have been hoping Johnny Damon’s desire to stay a Yankee is great enough that he agrees to return on a one- or, at most, two-year contract.However, his representative, Scott Boras, hardly sounded like Damon was going to be a short-term bargain [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees