Matt wrote an excellent post this morning about bringing statistics into the mainstream, and I think Chris began to follow through on that with his fascinating post on breaking down UZR. Both posts illustrated that fans now have more information at their hands than ever before, and that we can educate ourselves about [...]
This morning, John Sickels posted an article in which he suggested that sabermetric analysis has become too granular to be interesting and fresh:
The newest stuff is becoming so granular that I’m having problems making sense of it. I’m a humanities guy, and the most advanced math is beyond my ability to completely comprehend. [...]
Hey all; I’ve put together a fantasy baseball league for the writers and readers of TYU and I’d love for you to join. Right now, E.J. and I are in and the maximum for the league is 12. The draft is currently scheduled for March 15th (Monday). It’s a league from Yahoo! and the ID# [...]
With the announcement coming down just last night that Fangraphs has added splits to their stat pages, I thought it would be fun to look at interesting 2009 splits for each likely member of the 2010 Yankees. I looked at hitters this morning, and will now address starting pitchers, with relievers to follow at some point [...]
With the announcement coming down just last night that Fangraphs has added splits to their stat pages, I thought it would be fun to look at interesting 2009 splits for each likely member of the 2010 Yankees. I will look at hitters now, and address pitchers later today. I will likely expand on some of [...]
[image title="Cano" size="full" id="14721" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Steve Goldman recently wrote an interesting post over at Pinstripe Bible about the Yankee lineup and the best place in it for Robinson Cano:
A career .306/.339/.480 hitter, Cano freezes up with runners on base. This was clearly demonstrated last season, when he batted only .255/.288/.415 [...]
Stat geeks rejoice, as a fourth major projection system, TangoTiger’s Marcel, has released its 2010 numbers, joining Bill James’, which has been around since the 2009 season ended; Replacement Level’s SG’s CAIRO system; and Sean Smith’s CHONE projections.
Now that we have four systems to compare, we may [...]
[image title="UZR-CoverageView-NYY-2009_medium" size="full" id="14042" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Those of you who comment over at RAB might know that I have been slowly backing away from UZR for the last few months as I have learned more about the metric. I still use the metric, but it is with significantly more caution than in the [...]
Those of you that follow me on Twitter know that for the last week or so, I have been working on a post about Javier Vazquez and the disparity between his peripherals and his results. It needed about an hour of touching up, which I decided to leave for after the holidays so that the [...]
Dave Cameron makes an interesting point about the value of a win to the Yankees, in the context of the Yankees going cheap in LF:
A while ago, we talked about the marginal value of a win, and how it differs from team to team, changing the calculation on what a team should pay [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees