A big part of the success of the 2011 Yankees is due to Brian Cashman, Billy Eppler, and the rest of the organization finding the proverbial diamonds in the rough to fill roster holes. To borrow from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, the Yankees took a trip to the Island of Misfit Toys and came [...]
Lineup construction is something that we’ll never tire of arguing over. We didn’t stop arguing about it even into the playoffs. So, I figured I’d get the ball rolling and get us thinking about 2012′s lineup and what it could look like. For the sake of this post, we’ll assume that
When the Yankees announced they were signing Russell Martin after he was non-tendered by the Dodgers, I was thinking one thing: He’s a placeholder for Jesus Montero. Once Montero was ready–maybe around May or June–Martin would shift to the backup role, Montero would catch, Cervelli would go…somewhere. Well, it [...]
These numbers are accurate as of the start of yesterday’s game because I wrote this last night (as I type, Jesus Montero is batting in the top of the 8th).
If you remember all the way back to early August, I wrote a post comparing the Yankee hitters [...]
The season is essentially over and there won’t be many changes to the stats of these hitters over the next two games (if they play; stats accurate as of before last night’s game), so I thought now would be as good a time as any to compare the Yankee infielders (I’ll do the [...]
BP’s Mike Fast has done some truly ground breaking research on the impact pitch framing skills can have on a ballclub’s ability to suppress runs. Mo addressed this in a previous post (check out his graphics) but I wanted to come at it from a different angle, namely the pending decisions on what to [...]
Maybe this is a post better saved for when the season actually ends, but I think a lot of these things are worth noting right now.
Regardless of how the postseason goes, when I think back to the 2011 regular season, the first thing I’ll think of is surprise. I didn’t think the Yankees [...]
As a blogger, I have to spill a lot of internet ink almost every day. Most of the time I write, I’m writing in retrospect; I’m analyzing some situation that’s already happened or some numbers that are indicative of past events. Naturally, a lot of predictions flow from this. If I notice a certain trend, [...]
In perhaps the least expected turn of events in recent Yankee history, A.J. Burnett managed to turn in a respectable performance against the best non-Yankee offense in Major League Baseball — allowing less than three earned runs in a start for the first time since June 29 against the Brewers — as the [...]
Yesterday at FanGraphs, Bradley Woodrum posted an article about predicting performance for batters. Go to the post for the particulars and go here to download/play around with the spreadsheet. The basic tenet is that we need to look at BB%, K%, HR%, and BABIP to get a good idea of how a player [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees