All things considered, it’s been a quiet few months for Phillip Joseph Hughes.
Despite a series of events that have transpired to lower Hughes’ status as the once and future great hope for the Yankees’ rotation, the 25-year-old Southern California native seems solidly in the Yankees’ future plans. Even after the acquisitions of
After C.C. Sabathia’s lucrative contract extension and talk of Cole Hamels receiving a similar deal, I have to think back to Roy Halladay. After their 2009 loss to the Yankees, the Phillies traded for Roy Halladay, and promptly signed him to a 3-year, $60 million deal with a vesting option for the 4th year. It’s [...]
The Phillies’ 2011 top four starters combined for [...]
As we’ve seen over 12 games thus far against the Blue Jays in which the Yankees have gone 5-7, this year’s Toronto team has some astoundingly good starting pitching. Which got me wondering, just how good has it been? As I reiterated in my game recap, it’s terrifying to [...]
Raise your hand if you’re getting tired of losing to Toronto. I know I am. With a 6-3 victory, the Blue Jays have now beaten the Yankees seven times this year, more than every other team in baseball. Tampa Bay is second with six wins against New York. The [...]
At the present moment, only two pitchers in the American League have a higher WAR than Jon Lester and his jaw-dropping 4.2: Francisco Liriano (5.1!) and Cliff Lee (4.3).
Before I go too much further, I have to admit that I’ve been a huge Lester fan [...]
The baseball media hyped last night’s game against the Yankees as a great pitcher’s duel: CC Sabathia versus Roy Halladay. It didn’t turn out that way. Halladay gave up six runs in only six innings of work, and yielded three home runs, which tied his career high.
The match up didn’t [...]
The Yankees incredibly got to Roy Halladay for six earned runs en route to an 8-3 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday evening. Halladay was shockingly ineffective against the team he has pretty much owned more than any pitcher owns any other [...]
Buried within Jon Heyman’s (SI) latest writeup on the Roy Halladay trade, we find the following item regarding Yankee super prospect, Jesus Montero. According to Heyman, for Toronto’s 32-year old ace, “[i]ndications are the Yankees offered a package that included top catching prospect Jesus Montero as the centerpiece.” With this information in [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees