ESPN reporter, Buster Olney tweeted more about the Yankees ongoing effort to trade beloved starting pitcher AJ Burnett last night. The front office has been in contact with the Pirates, and is most notably interested in right fielder Garrett Jones. Though they’re willing to pay for $25 to $27 million of [...]
Robison Cano is the best player in New York. He knows it, you know it, I know it. This wasn’t always the case. An issue of perception as much as anything else, this mantel was held for a time by Alex Rodriguez, then perhaps by Mark Teixeira for a much shorter time. [...]
Way back on December 8th, I ran some WAR projections using ZiPS. Today, I’m going to the same, using the same simple WAR calculator, but this time I’ll be using averages of the Bill James and RotoChamp projections found on FanGraphs player pages. Click through for the fun.
Before I get into this, my first post at The Yankee Analysts, I’d like to thank everyone here for giving me this opportunity and for welcoming me so fully to the team. I have accepted this position knowing that TYA is not only among the best Yankees blogs on the internet, but among the best [...]
Though I didn’t watch the show, it did get me thinking. All three of the outfielders mentioned in that article, Reggie Jackson; Bernie Williams; and Paul O’Neill, are some of the finest the Yankees have had in the post DH era. Back when this blog was still (partially) The Yankee U, [...]
Good Monday morning, TYA readers! If you’re a Jets or Giants fan, I assume you’re still trying to wash the taste of yesterday out of your mouth. To help, here’s some frivolity, projecting how many runs the Yankees could score in 2012. We’ll be using the Lineup Analysis tool from Baseball [...]
The other day, I ran through some pitcher projections. Yesterday, I stumbled across this simple WAR calculator from Wahoo’s on First. Using that, let’s project the WARs (not doing any trades, so we can’t add ‘em up, you guys) and get nuts. For the appropriate projected numbers, [...]
The big baseball news of the day is Matt Kemp‘s 8-year $160 million extension with the bankrupt Dodgers, which will keep one of baseball’s most talented players off the market for the foreseeable future. Mike Axisa wrote about the potential implications of this extension for future roster decisions, such as resigning
Thanks for all of your submissions, folks. Please keep them coming; we’ll certainly address each email as quickly as possible! To submit a question, simply click the “Contact Us” tab under the site’s banner and send us your thoughts. Today’s question involves some serious offseason roster reconstruction.
“Everybody has accepted that Derek Jeter’s [...]
On Friday I wrote a post asking if we actually over rate Robinson Cano. The premise of the post is that while Cano is a great baseball player, he is not a top five or top ten baseball player. He’s actually a top twenty baseball player, so when we describe him as [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees