The BoSox “lineup” above isn’t a legitimate one, I just ordered it that way for an easy comparison.
All the UZR/150 figures are based on a three-year period (collected via FanGraphs), though there were some players that simply did not offer much in the way of fielding data at their respective [...]
[image title="129272_orioles_yankees_baseball" size="full" id="14064" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Yesterday, I discussed my feelings about UZR, and suggested that a weighted average of 3 years worth of UZR data would be a more useful metric than our current version of UZR. I was informed that Fangraphs does in fact have a leaderboard for defense that [...]
This winter, both the Yankees and the Red Sox added new center fielders to their respective rosters. Of course, the Yankees traded for Detroit’s Curtis Granderson, who is primarily known for his speed, power, and potential, while the Red Sox inked the accomplished veteran, Mike Cameron, in the hopes that his stellar [...]
Yesterday, ESPN’s Buster Olney tweeted that, along with the Mets, the Yankees were out of the Aroldis Chapman sweepstakes, with Olney citing a general front office concern as to whether or not Chapman was better suited to serve as a reliever or a starter (spending $20 million or more on an eventual bullpen [...]
Free-agent right-hander John Lackey underwent a physical Monday with the Red Sox, an indication that he is close to an agreement with the team, according to a major-league source.
The deal is expected to be similar to the five-year, $82.5 million contract that [...]
Sorry to cite this, but, via Dan Shaughnessy (Boston Gobe):
In an e-mail to the Globe’s Amalie Benjamin last month Henry explained that the Sox might not be as good this year, writing, “Those reali ties are a function of available talent and age-related transitioning once again, as we did prior to 2007.’’
According to Frankie Piliere (FanHouse), the Aroldis Chapman Sweepstakes is an expensive one. Therefore, most mid-market teams will bow out of the proceedings, leaving the Red Sox and Yankees to battle it out for Chapman’s prized left arm. The situation seems pretty simple to me if this is the case, though. The Yankees [...]
From Jose Arangure Jr. (ESPN), we learn that prized Cuban prospect Aroldis Chapman is in New York today to meet with officials from several teams, including the Yankees. Arangure considers the Yankees and the Red Sox the primary suitors for Chapman and believes that he will receive a deal in the $40-60 million range [...]
Here are two quick news items as we await a perfect game from CC Sabathia.
Steve Swindal, the one-time son-in-law of George Steinbrenner (he and Jennifer Steinbrenner were married and then divorced), and former general partner/chairman of Yankee Global Enterprises LLC, is opening a baseball academy in the Dominican Republic. Swindal and J. Steinbrenner [...]
Now that the Red Sox have been eliminated, I thought it would be fun to run through some of the awful articles written about them over the 2009 season. Just to show that we here at TYU like to be fair, I will run through our own predictions once the 2009 season has been completed. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees