With their inactivity at the July 31st trade deadline and last night’s drubbing of Josh Beckett guaranteeing the Yanks a split of the four game series, it would be easy for Yankee fans to dismiss the 2010 Red Sox. The series has lacked its usual buzz, they’re 8 games back in [...]
Photo courtesy of the NYDN
Tonight, AJ Burnett and Josh Beckett will face off in the third game of the Yankees four-game series with the Red Sox. This will be the first time Burnett and Beckett matched up since last summer’s epic 15th inning game that ended with an Alex [...]
This is getting pretty ho-hum, isn’t it? The Yankees have all but one of the series they’ve played this year after sweeping Baltimore out of the Bronx yesterday. As they have been all season, the Yankees starters have been the biggest contributors to the wins.
All together, starters CC Sabathia, A.J. Burnett, and Andy Pettitte [...]
Via Ben Shpigel of the NY Times:
After pitching poorly in four of his five starts for the Yankees this season, Javier Vazquez will have his next outing pushed back. Instead of pitching Friday night in Boston, Vazquez is scheduled to start Monday night in Detroit.
“We’ve got to find a way to get [...]
Trial by fire, indeed.
After entering the seventh inning of the Bomber-BoSox opener on Sunday night, Chan Ho Park, Brian Cashman’s touted offseason relief addition, promptly surrendered three runs, two of which were of the earned variety (the third run, the go-ahead run, scored thanks to Damaso Marte), costing the Yankees – and [...]
Recently, I penned a piece on Boston’s right fielder, J.D. Drew, extolling his virtues as a ballplayer while outlining his under-the-radar ways. I noted that Drew, throughout his three-year tenure in the Boson organization, has provided exceptional production for the Fenway faithful and, often, for a number of reasons, fans from both the [...]
This is my second to last post in this series, as I’ll have a special one for the Yankees themselves up tomorrow before the game. You can find the other ones at the following links:
Unbeknownst to many baseball fans, for the past three seasons, the Boston Red Sox have had a secret weapon roaming their outfield and anchoring their lineup. Quietly, since donning the white and red and being treated to Neil Diamond on a regular basis, this particular player has produced with both his glove and his [...]
Over the weekend, Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record compared Yankees second baseman, Robinson Cano, to Boston’s Dustin Pedroia. At one point in the text, Klapisch discusses the two in terms of fielding ability, and concludes that Cano is actually a better second baseman than Pedroia. “In this regard,” he writes, “Pedroia [...]
Jonathan Papelbon loves him some Mariano Rivera.
Here’s Papelbon discussing Mariano last month, on Boston’s the Sports Hub:
“Deep down in my heart, I would love to finish my career as a Red Sox. And I think everybody pretty much knows that, but that’s a very, very hard thing to do in this [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees