Opening Night is finally here. Since the end of Game Six, we’ve waited for this moment. Our desire to see real baseball has only grown during the offseason in light of new arrivals. Now, every player will once again look to prove just how good he is and try to carry his team to a [...]
In 2009, the Yankees were middling in the stolen bases category (at least at first glance). They stole 111 bases, seventh in the American League. However, the Yankees were successful in their stolen base attempts 80% of the time, six percent better than the league average (74%).
No player was caught stealing more than five [...]
[image title="D062496046.JPG" size="full" id="16069" align="center" linkto="full" ]
The Yankees returned Rule 5 selection Jamie Hoffmann to the Dodgers today, completing what was a fairly disappointing spring training with the Yankees for the 25 year old prospect. Hoffmann went just 3-23 for the Yankees, and was unable to wrest a position on the team away [...]
Yesterday, Moshe posted 25 questions/issues going into Spring Training. Tackling them one-by-one in full posts would take way too long, so I’m going to give some quick hit answers to each one.
1. Jorge’s decline: Steve’s got legit concerns about Jorge declining, and if there’s anyone on the Yankees who’s going to decline, [...]
In 2009, the Yankees got a good “rebound” seasons from a few different players.
Jorge Posada missed plenty of time in 2008, but recovered to have the fourth highest OPS+ of his career.
Derek Jeter was bothered by a hand injury for a good portion of 2008 and added 100 points to his OPS.
Joel Sherman reported this morning that Randy Winn’s 900K in contract incentives are predicated upon hitting certain amounts of at-bats against left handed pitching. Eariler today, Rob Abruzzese explained the reasoning behind the highly unusual contract, and clarified how the Marcus Thames deal figures into the equation:
This is where Marcus Thames comes [...]
It appears we’ve misread Brian Cashman’s intentions all along. Apparently the Yankee GM’s goal for this offseason hasn’t just been to improve the 2009 champs, but to reacquire every twentysomething that played for the team in 2003-2004. Any chance you can undo the Jeff Weaver deal while [...]
Thus far, I’ve taken multiple looks at offensive projections and what they could signal for the Yankees in 2010. In some of those posts, I’ve briefly gone over the defensive projections for some players. I’d like to go more deeply into that today. To do so, I’ll be looking at these age adjusted UZR [...]
Today over at River Ave. Blues, Joe Pawlikowski wrote a piece on replacing a player’s production and I’d like to trumpet a point Joe made regarding Johnny Damon:
In the outfield, Curtis Granderson replaces Johnny Damon.
I’m going to repeat this in bold, just so it can come through more clearly: In the outfield, [...]
In the last few weeks, the Yankees have been connected to a lot of outfielders. They signed one, Randy Winn, to a Major League deal and he will be the team’s fourth outfielder. Right now, Rule V Draft pick Jamie Hoffmann is the fifth outfielder the Yankees are going to give him at least Spring [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees