The Yanks have recently kicked around the idea of carrying 10 pitchers for the ALDS. Just to see what that would look like, I’ll make up a 25 man postseason roster. 10 pitchers, 15 position players.
From Joel Sherman:
The Yankees are likely to have the home-field advantage throughout the AL playoffs, and with that comes the right to pick a first-round series in which they have multiple off-days that allow them to go with three starters. With the extra off-days they need no more than a seven-man bullpen. Thus, [...]
With the Yankees having all but clinched the AL East, the results of the individual games become almost secondary to certain events and performances that take on a higher significance as the season closes and the playoffs approach. Here are a few things that might be interesting for a Yankees fan to watch for over [...]
From Chad Jennings, we learn that the Yankees have called up Francisco Cervelli, Ramiro Pena, Mark Melancon, Mike Dunn and Edwar Ramirez. No surprises there. Expect to see Shelley Duncan, Anthony Claggett, Juan Miranda and Brett Gardner get the call later, as well (Austin Jackson remains a possibility, too).
(props to RAB)
Peter Abraham has the news, reporting that Pena is up for Claggett. This gives the Yankees incredible flexibility on the bench, with Jerry Hairston Jr. and Pena both being able to play multiple positions adequately. When Brett Gardner returns, I would expect that Pena be sent back down.
In regard to the pitching staff, [...]
Rebecca at TPBP recaps an interesting moment from last night’s game:
There’s one moment from tonight’s game that keeps cropping up in my mind, even a couple hours after it’s over.
It’s in the ninth inning; there are two outs with Carlos Gomez at first in a one run game, and Phil Coke is [...]
When Alex Rodriguez went down with his hip injury, there were some who decided that the club would be better off without him. Due to Ramiro Pena’s recent run of good play, some of those voices have regained their vigor after faltering a bit due to Cody Ransom’s poor start. In response, I wanted to [...]
Girardi’s selection of Ramiro Pena is interesting, and signals a shift in the Yankee thinking and the game as a whole. For so many years under Torre, the Yanks would favor veterans in the bullpen and on the bench, saying that the kids “need to play everyday”. Now the Yanks have a bullpen of mostly [...]
Beyond the Boxscore is running an interesting series on fielding by minor leaguers, and two Yankees have come up in their discussion. The results for Austin Jackson were not pretty, as he posted a -20 Runs/150 in 2008. Here is what they had to say about A-Jax:
Austin Jackson is probably the Yankees’ future [...]
I’m testing out a new format for prospect profiles. What do you think?
Weight: 165 lbs
2008 Team: Trenton Thunder
Current Team: Major League Camp
The Good: Any discussion about Ramiro Pena begins with his superb defense. Pena’s reputation, with [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees