With the addition of Colin Curtis to the bench yesterday, four fifths of the Yankee bench is completely homegrown and developed by the organization. This strategy of a homegrown bench speaks well about the Yankees’ development of talent.
While it’s true that the Yankees haven’t had much high-end talent in terms of position players [...]
Before any of you think I’m hitting the panic button due to Alex Rodriguez leaving last night’s game, don’t worry, I’m not. This is merely a reaction to the very slow start Ramiro Pena has had as the utility infielder.
No one’s expecting him to hit much as his .699 OPS last year with the [...]
The A.J. Burnett signing in the 2008-2009 offseason was arguably one of the more controversial contracts the Yankees doled out to a pitcher in some time. For as derided as Carl Pavano’s 2005 pact would end up becoming, from what I recall most everyone seemed to think it was [...]
On the heels of yesterday’s win with Ramiro Pena, Joba Chamberlain and Francisco Cervelli making key contributions, it’s timely to note just how well Yankee farm products have been performing both here and elsewhere. In his latest Hardball blog piece, Joel Sherman does just that. He writes:
Consider, for [...]
Opening Night is finally here. Since the end of Game Six, we’ve waited for this moment. Our desire to see real baseball has only grown during the offseason in light of new arrivals. Now, every player will once again look to prove just how good he is and try to carry his team to a [...]
Happy Wednesday afternoon, TYU readers. I’ve got some ideas that I’d like to briefly touch on, and of course I’d like your input as well.
–Will Andy Pettitte’s lack of meaningful Spring Training innings hurt him in the regular season? I’m not quite sure of this one, but I’d lean towards it hurting him a [...]
First off, the fact that Johnny Damon is not returning should give current left fielder Brett Gardner a big confidence boost. By not re-signing Damon, instead opting for a [...]
Heading into 2009, we were treated to multiple “battles” at Spring Training. The above pictured Ramiro Pena won a mini-battle, a skirmish if you will, to become the bench infielder/utility man when the Yankees broke camp. The two major battles were in the outfield. In center field, Brett Gardner won the starting center field [...]
How many realistic suitors now exist for Johnny Damon? The only other team I’ve heard come up in connection to Damon of late is the Braves (I know the Giants are in the mix too, but I haven’t read much if anything [...]
Due to Melky Cabrera’s hamstring injury, Brett Gardner will be in center for the Yankees in Game 5. Melky is not expected to return for the rest of the series, therefore, the Yankees will replace his roster spot with Ramiro Pena (the MLB has approved of the change).
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees