I know I’ve seen this movie somewhere before. The Yankees are playing the Tigers in a five-game first-round playoff series. The Yankees win the first game in blowout fashion. Rain interferes with the schedule, changing Game 2 from a night game to a day game. The Yanks drop a close one at home in the [...]
When the Yankees signed Rafael Soriano, I suggested that despite the horrible contract, Soriano was such a good reliever that he should be used as a fireman. Then he got injured, and we all know what happened. I know that the injury shook my confidence in Soriano’s abilities, but I know the potential [...]
Since returning from the disabled list, Rafael Soriano has seemingly been a lot better than he was before the his injury induced break. Breaking it down, his ERA was 5.40 at the time of the DL trip and he had an FIP of 4.93. From July 30 on, he’s had a 3.38 ERA [...]
Prior to the season’s start, both EJ and Ben Kabak (of RAB) discussed ways in which the addition and utilization of Soriano might be most helpful to the Yankees organization. The concensus was that he should become the team’s proverbial “fireman.” The premise of each post was fairly straightforward. Given how the roster was constructed [...]
So last night was hardly a banner night for the Yankee pitching staff. Bartolo Colon didn’t make it out of the first inning (though not all of it was his fault) and then each Yankee reliever gave up at least one run in the course of pitching in relief. Boone Logan was Boone Logan and [...]
With news coming down yesterday that Joba Chamberlain was ticketed for the 15-day disabled list with an elbow issue, I couldn’t help but think the worst. I’m optimistic that he won’t miss extended time and I’m hoping Rafael Soriano will be back when he’s supposed to, but my hopes mean nothing. [...]
I touched on this briefly at different points throughout the offseason on stuff like this, but now that MLBTR has released their Yankees 2012 contract issues post, I figured I’d expand my thoughts.
After last night’s game, we learned that Rafael Soriano plans to see the Yankee team doctor about his elbow. The hits just keep on coming, don’t they Yankee fans? So, what does Soriano’s likely trip to the disabled list do for the Yankees and the bullpen
First and foremost, I think we’ll [...]
First, they almost get no-hit by Phil Humber. Then, Brent Lillibridge literally robs the game from the Yankees twice. And, both times, Rafael Soriano gave up runs, with last night’s runs costing the team the game. To say the least, but also to say the most obvious, the first two games [...]
There was not a lot to like about this one. For the second night in a row the Yankees managed only a handful of hits against a White Sox starter, this time Gavin Floyd, who led Chicago to a 3-2 victory. Floyd wasn’t over-powering. Most of his pitches were in the high [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees