After a slow start to 2011, Gary Sanchez looks to be coming around. Sanchez mashed in 2010, posting a .936 OPS in Rookie Ball and a short stint in the New York-Penn League as well. After truckloads of hype on the offseason (ranked #3 in the Yankee system by many prospect analysts despite never setting [...]
After yesterday’s story in the Post Courier about Slade Heathcott turning himself around, it is only fitting that he would be getting into trouble the same day. Fortunately, Heathcott’s backsliding did not involve alcohol or unsafe behavior off the field. Unfortunately, his behavior yesterday on the field will almost certainly lead to a suspension. [...]
Gene Sapakoff of the Charleston Post and Courier just published a tremendous profile of Yankee prospect Slade Heathcott that is definitely required reading. It gives a lot of information on the mysterious “character concerns” that plagued Heathcott leading up to the draft, shedding light on his troubled past, specifically his struggles with alcoholism and a [...]
Russell Martin‘s strong start to the 2011 season has given Yankee fans some confidence in the short-term security of the catcher position. In the early going, Martin has posted a .983 OPS and a .435 WOBA, and though his walk rate is down from previous years, his power production more resembles the [...]
With 1 week of minor league baseball complete so far, I thought it would be interesting to take a look at some of the top performers thus far. Despite short DL stints by Gary Sanchez, Dellin Betances, and Manny Banuelos, there are still some exciting performances to track.
Jesus Montero (Scranton): After a disappointing spring [...]
Our long national nightmare is over, finally, with the return of minor league baseball. All four of the Yankees’ full season affiliates will be in action tonight, so it will be an opportunity to see a plethora of Yankee prospects in action. We will certainly have more in depth minor league discussion throughout the season, [...]
Sickels left Dellin off of his 2010 list entirely, and while it is possible for Betances to turn his career around, it seems like this is one lottery ticket that [...]
A lot of great information on international free agents has been published of late, especially from Baseball America. BA’s recent breakdown of the Yankees’ Latin American class of 2010 is a must-read (subscribers only), as it gives some excellent scouting info on the big-money guys that the Yankees have signed. The reports on the [...]
Brien Taylor was a highly touted pitcher whose name most Yankee fans will know by the tragic story of the way his career was derailed. He was the first player selected overall in the 1991 draft, and was ranked the #1 prospect in the minors by Baseball America in 1993. But being selected first in [...]
Yesterday’s Spring Training game against the Boston Red Sox allowed me to get my first glimpse of Manny Banuelos in game action, and it was hard not to come away impressed. Overall, Banuelos threw 2 scoreless innings, striking out 3 and allowing a double and a walk. He faced a lineup that was mostly major [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees