With September 1, the date that major league rosters expand, rapidly approaching, Jesus Montero seems to have turned up the heat in an effort to make it to the bigs. In the last week, Montero made the BA hot sheet , checking in at #4 with a .364/.391/.1000 effort, plus four big home runs (he [...]
Per Keith Law’s twitter, the Yankees will be signing 5th-round pick Greg Bird to a bonus exceeding $1 million at the August 16th signing deadline, way above the slot recommendation for the selection. Bird was reportedly asking for first-round money (or close to it) around the time of the draft, so this bonus was more [...]
With the MLB season hitting the All Star break, I thought this would be a good opportunity to take a look back at EJ’s Top 30 prospects list (since the man himself is out in the woods) to see if there have been any substantial changes in the fortunes of the Yankee prospects in [...]
Yesterday, Baseball America revealed its midseason Top 50 Prospects list, and three Yankees made the cut. Jesus Montero, #3 on the preseason list, fell slightly to #8. Manny Banuelos, #41 on the old list, rose to #13. Dellin Betances jumped from 43 to 26. Gary Sanchez was another faller, beginning the season ranked #30 and [...]
Yesterday marked the official beginning of the international free agent signing period, the largely unregulated Wild West of talent acquisition. Because the players are so young (usually 16) and scouts don’t always get to see them in game action, there is a lot of uncertainty about who the top talents are. Ben Badler of Baseball [...]
Over the last few weeks, one line of reasoning that has become en vogue is the idea that the Yankees do not trust their prospects or are afraid to use them. Essentially, the argument is that the club’s unwillingness to call up Jesus Montero or to use one of Hector Noesi, [...]
Jairo Heredia has largely been lost in the shuffle among the Yankee pitching prospects, but his recent numbers may be putting him back on the prospect map. Signed out of the Dominican Republic in 2006 for a 6-figure bonus, Heredia made a great debut on the Gulf Coast League at 17, posting a 2.98 FIP, [...]
Slade Heathcott, the Yankees first-round draft pick in 2009, was off to a strong start to 2011. He put up a sizzling .370/.453/.630 line in April in his return to low-A Charleston, and continued to be productive throughout the first half of May. Then came the May 13 fracas against the Greenville Drive. Heathcott was [...]
Sorry to double up on you guys, but here’s some more draft coverage stuff. The Yankees usually like to take a few local guys at some point during the draft, so let’s take a look at what New Jersey, New York and Connecticut have to offer this year.
Aside from UConn [...]
It’s about time to take a look at how the Yankees’ top pitching prospects, Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances, and Andrew Brackman, have performed so far this season. All 3 guys are coming off strong 2010 seasons, and are looking to sustain that momentum and continue to improve their prospect statuses.
Manny Banuelos: Despite being slowed by blister [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
- Multitech-Info.Com.pl on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees