Every publication tries their hand at predicting the future at the beginning of each MLB season. Its a fun game to play. We don’t pretend to be clairvoyent, so we are open to argument and debate about who is mostly likely to do what this season. We disagree on some key predictions, and agree on [...]
Some of us favor more objective analysis, but with Opening Day fast approaching were about to be inundated with ‘expert’ opinions on what will happen this upcoming year. In order put these experts in some sort of context, we need to look at their track record.
Let’s take a look, shall we?
2008 Team [...]
For the next few weeks, I’ll be taking both big picture and more detailed looks at the Yankee minor league system. For now, I’m going to give me best initial guesses at the Yankee minor league starting rotations. The Yankees are very deep at the upper ranks, and would be even deeper had they not [...]
Vegas Watch has the MLB team wins over/under odds for the 2009 season up. The numbers, and my picks:
Arizona- 86.5 – Over Atlanta- 84.5 – Over Baltimore- 74.5 – Under Boston- 94.5 – Under Chicago C- 94.5 – Over Chicago W- 76.5 – Over (though its about right) Cincinnati- 76.5 – Under Cleveland- [...]
This courtesy of SI.com columnist Jeff Pearlman:
1. Boston Red Sox—Oddly, I like their moves more than the Yankees. Penny and Smoltz could easily win more games than Sabathia and Burnett.
2. Tampa Bay Rays—I smell a letdown. But not a huge one.
3. New York Yankees—They’re becoming the [...]
Not that this means anything, but the first of the media outlet predictions for 2009 are out, and they love them some Yankees. The Sporting News picks the Yankees to win the AL East (with Boston taking the Wild Card) and the World Series:
Sporting News prediction: The Yankees don’t hand out ridiculous contracts to [...]
To take a break from Yankee news, I think that one of the more interesting questions in baseball heading into Spring Training is: which team is strongest in the NL West?
Standing from last year:
Los Angeles Dodgers: 84 wins Arizona Diamondbacks: 82 wins Colorado Rockies: 74 wins San Francisco Giants: 72 wins. San Diego [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees