The season is about to begin. Every team is a contender, especially with two more wild card spots up for grabs. Your TYA bloggers have compiled their prediction picks for the season:
Lots of variance here. Everyone picks the Yankees to win the AL East. Eric was the only person brave enough (see [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
2011 was a helluva season for Curtis Granderson. Less than 1 year after he had to miss 2 games in the middle of the season to completely rework his swing with Kevin Long, C-Grand used that new swing to put [...]
During last week’s live chat, friend-of-the-site Jeff G. inquired as to who I expected to overachieve and underachieve in 2011. At the time, I hastily replied that the Athletics and Brewers could qualify as overachieving candidates. As for the underachievers, I went with the Orioles; despite some their [...]
A new year is upon us and soon, a new baseball season will be upon us. We’re going to have expectations with certain players, as we always do. We have to think of realistic expectations, though. For this post, I’m going to look at each player still on the Yankees from the 2010 team, examine [...]
Each season, TYU writers make a number of predictions regarding the upcoming season, and each year I look back and note how awful most of those predictions are (here’s a link to last season’s retrospective). This season is no different, as 2010 confirmed that, ya know Susan, you just can’t predict baseball.
Who will [...]
Mike recently wrote a persuasive article explaining why Derek Jeter shouldn’t serve as the Yankees’ leadoff hitter anymore. As to be expected, not everyone shared Yankeeist’s sentiments about Jeter’s ideal spot in the lineup. Some of the more amusing rebuttals included:
“Who can do that better than Jeter? With Gardner on first, Jeter [...]
Every publication tries their hand at predicting the future at the beginning of each MLB season. Its a fun game to play. We don’t pretend to be clairvoyant, so we are open to argument and debate about who is mostly likely to do what this season. We disagree on some key predictions, and agree on [...]
Prior to the season, the writers here at TYU collaborated on a predictions post that you can find in the toolbar at the top of the page. Being that we would probably point out the poor predictions made by MSM writers, it is only fair that we go back and look at our own follies. [...]
It’s time for a predictions thread, so chime in with your playoff bracket in the comments. Ours seem to look pretty similar to one another, so I grouped together the identical predictions. Here are ESPN’s predictions as well.
Tom, Rebecca, Moshe:
Yankees over Twins
Angels over Red Sox
Very interesting post, here, by Bill Wellman from Dugout Central utilizing four different metrics to attempt to predict which team is most likely to win the World Series. He uses Bullpen WPA, Isolated Power, League-Indexed FIP, and UZR, reasoning that the four most important factors for postseason success are the bullpen’s ability to hold [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees