Angels manger Mike Scioscia announced his playoff rotation today, and it’ll be John Lackey in Game 1, Joe Saunders in Game 2, Jered Weaver in Game 3, and Scott Kazmir in Game 4. While LA has opted for a 4-man rotation, the Yankees seem to be leaning towards a 3-man, which would pit Lackey [...]
In the spirit of recapping the games I attended during the 2009 season, I thought it might be fun to take a look at the Yankee playoff games I’ve been fortunate enough to attend over the years:
Year Game Opponent Starters Outcome 1995 ALDS 2 Seattle Pettitte v. Benes W, 7-5* 1996 ALDS 1 [...]
In his column this morning, Joel Sherman surprisingly sides with those of us who know better and acknowledges that A-Rod shouldn’t be blamed if the Yankees falter in the postseason again:
“And I am here to say it is about time that we all stop using A-Rod as a [...]
And best father ever, I might add.
Though I don’t have a photo of it, I’ll also be there tomorrow to watch our boys club Minnesota/Detroit in Game 1!
There’s really nothing better than heading up to Yankee Stadium on a cool October [...]
From Ted Keith (SI):
In fact, there are only two questions remaining for the team with the best record in baseball: Will Alex Rodriguez finally show up in October after batting .143 with 18 strikeouts in his last 16 postseason games? And how long will it take Yankee fans to boo him this postseason [...]
From R.J. Anderson (FanGraphs):
With that in mind let’s address the topic before the headlines do.Alex Rodriguez does not hit well in the playoffs
His career wOBA in the regular season is .412. His career post-season wOBA is .368. Relative to his standards he doesn’t hit well in the playoffs.
He’s been the [...]
Although part of me was hoping the Yankees would clinch tomorrow so I could watch it live, I must say it felt great to finally take the division back. And to do it by sweeping the Red Sox, locking up 100 wins, and the best record in baseball, well, [...]
Jayson Stark (ESPN) tried his hand at ranking postseason rotations and placed the Yankees at number 4 on his list. The (1) Red Sox, (2) Cardinals, and (3) Phillies are the three teams that sit above the Yankees in Stark’s piece. Here’s what he had to say about the New York rotation.
Prospective rotation: [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees