The conventional wisdom would seem to say that after CC Sabathia starts Game 1 in the ALDS, Andy Pettitte will go in Game 2 followed by Phil Hughes in Game 3 and A.J. Burnett in Game 4.
That sounds reasonable enough, and I’m sure there are plenty of fan-managers out there who concur. However, I [...]
With the Yankees’ postseason ticket all but punched and the Red Sox missing the postseason for the first time since 2006 all but official, this weekend’s Yankees-Red Sox set represents the first time since the end of the 2008 season that a series between the two teams will be met [...]
After reviewing the bullpens of the presumptive AL playoff field yesterday I thought it’d be interesting to take a look at the individual and cumulative numbers for the pitchers from each American League postseason team that will likely be under consideration for starts.
It’s obviously too soon to know [...]
In pulling together the Yanks-Rays Series Preview for this week I couldn’t help but notice that the four teams likely headed to the postseason in the American League had four of the strongest bullpens in the league. Not that this is surprising news in any way, shape or form, but it did make me wonder [...]
In yesterday’s recap, Larry provided several convincing reasons why Yankee fans shouldn’t hit the big red panic button quite yet despite relatively dismal performances against the Orioles and Rangers. However, the Yankees do have some concerns that could prove critical in the playoffs.
One such concern includes the defensive play (or lack thereof) by [...]
The Yankees (87-56) head down to Tampa (86-56) tonight for their fifth set of the season with the Rays, who they have gone 5-6 against thus far in 2010 and hold a scant 1/2 game lead over for first place in the AL East. This also marks a second straight [...]
Remember when people started getting all concerned about Cliff Lee a few weeks ago? Heh.
Lee once again showed why the Yankees will pay whatever it costs to lock his services up this winter, tossing eight masterful innings of two-hit, one-run ball in leading Texas to a 4-1 [...]
I was able to catch this game with a fine group of people last night, including Ben Kabak, Rebecca Glass, Jay Jaffe, Andy Katz, my buddy Sean and others, and so despite the loss I still had a great evening.
Here we are, a month away from the start of the playoffs, and already the “the Yankees aren’t going anywhere in the postseason” articles are coming in. The latest entrant in a long line of Yankee-related schadenfreude comes from New York Magazine‘s Will Leitch, who has channeled his inner [...]
Right before the 2009 playoffs started I discussed the Yankee playoff games I’d attended. Given that this past October saw five more added to my ledger, I thought it’d be fun to update the original post.
Year Game Opponent Starters Outcome 1995 ALDS 2 Seattle Pettitte v. Benes W, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees