This afternoon, the Yankees will face the 26 year old right handed Angel pitcher Ervin Santana. In 2003 (Johan Santana back then) and 2004 he was ranked as Baseball America’s #51 and #29 prospect in their annual top 100. The lanky pitcher made his debut in 2005 at 22 years old [...]
When Ivan Nova took the mound on Monday night it was hard to expect that a pitcher who struggled so mightily in Spring Training would be so successful. Right out of the gate, Nova looked like a different pitcher than he did a year ago. While we had seen a lot of his [...]
Ivan Nova threw arguably the best game of his young career last night, notching a career-high .262 WPA (besting his previous outing against Chicago last season on August 29 — his top game in 2010 — by .034 WPA). There seems to be something about the White Sox that matches up very favorably [...]
To say Bartolo Colon has been a pleasant surprise for the Yankees this season would be an understatement. His signing (along with that of Freddy Garcia) prompted a lot of snarky jokes about the fact that it is no longer the year 2005 (a brilliant observation!) and that Bartolo Colon is fat (so perceptive!). Considering [...]
This post is the second in a four-part series taking a deep, pitchFX-fueled look at each of the five pitches Phil Hughes threw during the 2010 season. Please be sure to reference the previous entry as well before, during or after you read this latest post:
After reading Moshe’s post analyzing Ken Rosenthal’s piece comparing A.J. Burnett to Josh Beckett the other day, I was inspired to take a deeper look at some of A.J.’s PitchFX data to see if there were any observations that might portend a better 2011 for Burnett. While every projection system [...]
This post kicks off the first of what will be a four-part series taking a deep, PitchFX-fueled look at each of the five pitches Phil Hughes threw during the 2010 season.
Everyone knows Hughes was primarily a three-pitch pitcher in 2010 — 57% four-seamers, 18% cutters and 17% curveballs. As Hughes threw each [...]
Ever since losing out on Cliff Lee, panicked Yankee fans have spent the remainder of the winter looking for alternatives to Sergio Mitre in the starting rotation. In fact, over at RAB, the only qualification a pitcher needs to have to be worth kicking the tires on is being better than [...]
In the aftermath of the Freddy Garcia signing I mentioned that if I felt so inspired I’d dig into the numbers to “see if there are any curiosities in his recent poor performance that might suggest a turnaround,” and of course my buddy Joe beat me to [...]
As I’ve gotten deeper and deeper into pitching analysis of late, I recently realized that one of the aspects of pitching evaluation that I wanted to look further into but was having difficulty qualifying was horizontal and vertical pitch breaks.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees