Yankee fans should be happy with this split of the four game set with the White Sox. Apart from their 14-7 drubbing Friday night the Yankees won two of the four games at least solidly and should have won three of them. Phil Hughes was the main star of today’s game, [...]
Today is old-timer’s day at the Stadium, hence the game’s 2pm start time. For those who don’t know, the Yankees charge a little bit more for premium games. These games include opening day, all games against the Mets and Red Sox, among other teams, and old-timer’s day. I still don’t get it. I have about [...]
With the elimination of the cutter from Phil Hughes’ repertoire, he’s become a three pitch starter who, at times, looks completely reliant on the fastball. If you’re unfamiliar, the 26 year old throws a four-seam fastball, a curveball, and a changeup to lefties. Since removing the cutter from his repertoire, Hughes has pitched to a [...]
One result of Hughes’s control is that he often works ahead in the count. He has faced 341 hitters this year, of which 83 have gone to an 0-2 count. [...]
The Yankees rotation has certainly found their mid-season form, but no pitcher has improved more than Phil Hughes. Yesterday, TYA co-founder Larry Koestler mentioned that Hughes has reinvented himself during the last month, and brought up some differences he spotted in the PITCHf/x numbers. The velocity and movement on the fastball has certainly evolved from [...]
The first complete game of the year for a Yankee pitcher goes to… Phil Hughes. After giving up 11 hits and 7 earned runs in 5.1 innings against the Angels, Hughes shocked everyone with a brilliant complete game win against the not-so-easy Tiger’s lineup. His final line was 9.0 innings, 4 hits, 1 [...]
Don’t get me wrong, Justin Verlander is very, very good. I don’t like facing him. I’d take him on my team in a heartbeat, but he doesn’t frighten me the way some of the other brand name pitchers do. Part of that is because the Yankees seem to hit him well. Sunday’s game [...]
There is a difference between going 5-4 on a nine game road trip and going 6-3. If the Yankees win today they’ll lock up a 6-3 record over this stretch of away games, which is nothing to sneeze at. Unfortunately the pitching match up in this one is a little one sided. The Yankees will [...]
“When you get in those jams you just want to go harder and harder and harder and speed things up, and that’s never the right way to go,” Hughes said. “You know that, but when you’re out there in the moment, it’s tough to kind of slow yourself down and throw some breaking balls [...]
Phil Hughes is having a tremendous month of May. The 25-year-old, who left April a weak link in a weakening New York rotation, is 3-2 with a 3.45 ERA in five starts over the past three weeks. Hughes has a 4.1 strikeout to walk rate over the past month and batters are hitting just [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees