On the 17th, Tim of MLB Trade Rumors posted the off season in review for the Yankees. There, he obviously lists all the moves that Brian Cashman has made since the Yankees won their 27th championship in November. Since the roster is more or less set, and we’ve got little to do until the [...]
This past off-season, the Yankees said goodbye to a number of players. The biggest name was outfield prospect Austin Jackson and the one who contributed the most to the 2009 was lefty reliever Phil Coke. Both of them ended up in Detroit via the Curtis Granderson trade.
I can’t help but wonder how these two [...]
I’m not referring to Phil Hughes, who apparently has been pitching out of the bullpen from the witness protection program lately. I’m referring to the Jeckyl and Hyde nature of one Mr Phil Coke. Phil Coke has some of the most stark splits of any Yankee reliever this season. Check this out:
By Breakdown [...]
Buster Onley is reporting that the Yanks have claimed the player that the Red Sox were supposed to be trading to the Mets in exchange for Billy Wagner. Here’s the details:
Steve at Was Watching poses the following question:
Since July 8th, Phil Coke has pitched in 18 games for the Yankees – throwing 13.6 IP and facing 61 batters. In the process, he’s allowed 22 base runners. His ERA during this time is 9.22 and the opposing team’s BA/OBA/SLG line is .315/.377/.519 (against him).
This from a random forum, so take it with a grain of salt:
I’ve got a great story to share from last night’s game.
So yesterday, Phil Coke was signing autographs for a bunch of Yankees fans for about 20 minutes (I didn’t get one unfortunately), and some guy comes up with a Red [...]
When Alex Rodriguez went deep in the 7th inning of last night’s game, most Yankees fans were already planning the next two innings. Coke for Ellsbury, then Hughes to finish the 8th, and Mariano for the 9th. When Coke was left in to face a righty in Pedroia, then a switch hitter in Martinez, and [...]
Phil Coke notched an adventurous first save yesterday, and he had some interesting thoughts about closing that he shared after the game. From the Daily News:
“It’s totally, totally different than I imagined it would be,” the 26-year-old lefty reliever said of trying to lock down the final outs. “It’s not the sixth, seventh [...]
Tyler Kepner has a piece in today’s New York Times detailing the cost effective job Brian Cashman has done in building this years relief corps. He begins:
On a team that spends more than $200 million on its roster, the Yankees’ bullpen is a bargain. Only one of Rivera’s setup men will earn more [...]
Two recent ESPN articles bring mention of former and current Yankees prospects. Baseball Prospectus wrote an article special to ESPN about “The Ruben Rivera 4-A All Stars,” listing players who are borderline major leaguers who deserve a shot at a big league roster spot. Two former Yankees make the list:
SS Erick Almonte, Cubs [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees