(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
** All stats have been updated to include last night’s game **
I’m not going to bother trying to tip toe around the facts, because we’re all smart enough to know what they are. The Yankees are an absolute mess [...]
Tigers end Yanks’ season for second time in six years, win 2011 ALDS three games to two.
The 2011 Yankees were a great offensive team, posting the third-best wOBA in MLB (.346) and tying for the second-best wRC+ (113) in the league. In the most important game of the season, the team that [...]
For those of you wondering whether the Yankees need to acquire a bat:
If the team finishes out July at its current monthly wOBA of .308, it would represent the Yankees’ worst monthly offensive output in nearly 10 years. The last time they posted a monthly wOBA this low was in September of 2001.
Bartolo Colon had his worst start since May 23 against Toronto — and perhaps his worst start of the season — throwing 5 2/3 innings of five-run ball and allowing a season-high 14 baserunners, as the Yankees lost for the fourth time in their last five games, falling to the Rays 5-1. [...]
For the second straight game the Yankees were kept hitless for the first three innings, setting the tone for a masterful start by Clay Buchholz, who threw seven strong innings, striking out seven, walking just one and giving up two runs as Boston took the first game if this three-game set, 5-4.
Remember when I said that “anything less than two out of three against the Royals at home would have to be considered a pretty monumental failure”? Well, the Yankees managed to pull off the seemingly impossible, getting blown out by the Royals 11-5 and dropping two of three at home — making this the [...]
For as rough as the pitching has been for the Yankees (non-Andy Pettitte division) in the 2010 ALCS, outside of the eighth inning of Game 1 the team offense has been an even bigger issue.
While a dominating start from Cliff Lee has at this point become a [...]
The Rangers walked off on the Yankees for the second straight night, winning 7-6 in one of the stranger games I can recall in recent memory. This one featured an hour rain delay, eight strikeouts by the Yankee offense through the first four innings, continued offensive ineptitude, ridiculous overmanaging [...]
Congratulations to Bryan Bullington on picking up his first career Major League win on the strength of an amazing performance: eight innings of two-hit, shutout ball in a 1-0 victory against the New York Yankees.
It’s no secret that the Yankees suck against pitchers they’ve never previously [...]
The Yankees fell to the Royals 4-3 last night in a rain-delayed game featuring some not-great pitching from Dustin Moseley and the Bombers’ continued inability to get much of anything going at the plate. The Yankees have a .307 wOBA in August and have now been held to [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees