[Update 8/25/11 - 2:30PM]: Apparently the tarp is being removed. The game should start fairly shortly.
[Update 8/25/11 - 1:33PM]: Obviously the game isn’t starting on time. We’ll let you know more when we know more.
I don’t know about you, but I can’t stand afternoon matinees (unless I’m watching the game live that is). Following the game, [...]
First we had an earthquake in New York City. Then all sorts of panic about a possible hurricane this weekend. And now, following their 6-4 victory last night, the A’s have won two games in a row and earned a series victory against the Yankees for the first time since 2007. I’ll let you [...]
That the Yankees were even within a run of tying a game they really had no business winning was pretty impressive, though they’d ultimately fall to the A’s 6-5. Down 6-0 heading into the bottom of the eighth, stymied by A’s righty Brandon McCarthy over seven shutout innings, this did not appear [...]
I don’t know who the Yankees have to thank, but after three games against the Royals and four against the Twins, the Bombers not only get to come back home and play the A’s this week, a team they basically dominate just as much as they do the Twins, but then get five games against [...]
Hurray for Fridays, the Yankees not being in Canada or Tampa any longer, non-artifical surfaces in general, upcoming weaker portions of the schedule, and non-divisional-rivalry matchups! Now if only we could do something about this blistering heat other than find the closest/most powerful air conditioning unit, we’d really be in business. Tonight’s game will mark Hughes’ third [...]
The A’s roll into town this weekend for the first of six games they’ll eventually have to play at Yankee Stadium this season. The Yankees already got the hard part out of the way, sweeping the A’s — who pitch to a 2.71 ERA/3.37 FIP at home and 3.61/3.77 marks on the road — on [...]
The Yankees beat the A’s 4-2 on the strength of seven strong innings of two-run ball from A.J. Burnett (five strikeouts, three walks), with the lone blemish coming in the first inning on a two-run Josh Willingham home run. That A.J. was able to settle down the rest of the [...]
Not to discredit Oakland’s pitching staff, but as I noted in my Mariners preview last Friday, for all the impressive numbers the A’s’ starters have put up, they’d only played five of their first 50 games against teams from the AL East.
Oakland’s gotten yet another lesson in how we do things on the east [...]
The Yankees look to take their second straight game against the A’s tonight, and look to extend their overall win streak to three in a row after the two frustrating losses in Seattle this weekend. Here’s the lineup:
Bartolo Colon authored the first complete-game shutout by a Yankee pitcher since CC Sabathia did it against the Orioles on May 8, 2009, as the Yankees beat the Athletics 5-0 on Memorial Day. Some of my Twitter pals were teasing me as I’ve been rather obsessed with the fact that [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees