Good Monday morning, TYA readers! If you’re a Jets or Giants fan, I assume you’re still trying to wash the taste of yesterday out of your mouth. To help, here’s some frivolity, projecting how many runs the Yankees could score in 2012. We’ll be using the Lineup Analysis tool from Baseball [...]
The other day, I ran through some pitcher projections. Yesterday, I stumbled across this simple WAR calculator from Wahoo’s on First. Using that, let’s project the WARs (not doing any trades, so we can’t add ‘em up, you guys) and get nuts. For the appropriate projected numbers, [...]
On Sunday I wrote a post arguing that the Yankees have a complete, competitive team ready to go right now, with ample slack in the farm system. The point of the post was to draw attention to the fact that the Yankees don’t have to make a move. They’re currently competitive. My colleague here [...]
File this under irresponsible rumor mongering if you’d like, but both of this guy was a topic of trade discussion in the TYA world yesterday. The former came about after @J_Yankees asked who would hang up first, the Yanks or White Sox, in a theoretical Nick Swisher for
UYF1950 writes: About a week back you wrote a piece on Nick Swisher. I was wondering your thoughts about Josh Willingham as a possible replacement. The Yankees could sign Swisher and then trade him. Willingham has played some right field, and his offensive numbers are not that much different than Swisher’s. [...]
2011 featured some book ends for Nick Swisher. He started off the year poorly, putting up a .293 wOBA/78 wRC+ in the first two months of the season. In September, he hit just .284/72, then had a poor showing in the playoffs. Between then, though, Swisher was on fire. [...]
Now you’ve done it. You’ve really done it. Just when I thought Yankee fans couldn’t get any battier, they want to run Nick Swisher — one of the most productive right-fielders in the league, not to mention one of the Yankees’ top on-base threats — out of town, because of some unfortunately poor [...]
Lineup construction is something that we’ll never tire of arguing over. We didn’t stop arguing about it even into the playoffs. So, I figured I’d get the ball rolling and get us thinking about 2012′s lineup and what it could look like. For the sake of this post, we’ll assume that
Yankee manager Joe Girardi met with the media yesterday for his season ending press conference. So, allow me to react to some of the things he said (all quotes from the afore-linked Feinsand piece).
On the season: “We all know what the goal is here. We didn’t reach our goal, that’s the [...]
One of the main targets in the sights of Yankee fans looking for someone to blame for the team’s 2011 post season failure has been Nick Swisher. Some fans have never liked his high-energy act, feeling he doesn’t fit the ‘True Yankee’ mold of more quit professionals like Jeter or Mo. I’m not quite sure [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees