Apparently the Yankees have their own version of Roy Halladay in Andy Pettitte, who tossed a fourth straight gem in hurling 8 innings of one-run ball in the Yankees’ 7-1 win over the Halos in the Saturday afternoon Fox Game of Death.
I only saw bits and pieces of [...]
I hate small sample sizes. You hate small sample sizes. The only thing I dislike more than the samples themselves is when people extrapolate things from SSS’s. Today, I’m going to throw that hate aside and have some fun with the small sample.
Author’s Note: I’m writing this on Wednesday night in the six o’clock [...]
[image title="97433976JJ009_New_York_Yank" size="full" id="16899" align="center" linkto="full" ]
And, here’s another interesting stat on the day, this time in relation to the Yankees’ beloved captain, Derek Jeter. This season, Jeter has walked 1.8% of the time. That’s just one measly walk over 13 games (again, this is a post lightly discussing numbers derived from an [...]
This is the lineup Girardi is giving us tonight???
Derek Jeter SS
Nick Swisher RF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Robinson Cano 2B
Jorge Posada C
Marcus Thames DH
Curtis Granderson CF
Randy Winn LF
RHP Phil Hughes
My first game of the season at the Stadium and Nick the Walk is nowhere [...]
I haven’t done one of these in a while, and there’s loads of good stuff out there from the past few days. Here goes-
Via Wayne Coffee of the Daily News:
Harold Reynolds, MLB Network analyst, admires the judicious eye of a guy like Johnson, and knows that having runners on base is a good thing, but he also believes on-base percentage is “getting a little overhyped.” “In certain circumstances, I want guys swinging the bat,” Reynolds [...]
Like the gorgeous weather of the last few days, baseball returned to us this week in grand fashion. The season started on Sunday night with our beloved Bombers taking on the rival Red Sox in Boston. The series ended last night when Mariano Rivera induced a fly ball to left field off the bat of [...]
A.J. Burnett and Jon Lester had eerily similar outings, each yielding four runs over five innings while battling some control problems, but the Yankees ultimately prevailed against the Red Sox bullpen in a 6-4 victory.
The Yankee offense looked locked in for a second straight game, and even many [...]
Opening Night is finally here. Since the end of Game Six, we’ve waited for this moment. Our desire to see real baseball has only grown during the offseason in light of new arrivals. Now, every player will once again look to prove just how good he is and try to carry his team to a [...]
Here are a few quick items regarding the team’s roster:
Damaso Marte’s shoulder is feeling better after being described as “cranky” earlier in the week. By playing yesterday, Jorge Posada proved his neck is fine and should not be an issue going forward. Nick Johnson, who is now two days removed from [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees