Yesterday, I pointed out that Nick Johnson might be experiencing some bad luck, as his BABIP is extremely low while his line drive rate is solid. Thanks to Lin, we should also add to this argument the fact that his K% is uncharacteristically high. Johnson’s current K% is 34.3% – the second [...]
Curtis Granderson is on the 15-Day Disabled List and will miss all of May.
Chan Ho Park has been a ghost after a few solid outings
Randy Winn has a -57 OPS+.
Nick Johnson is off to a slow start.
Javier Vazquez looks bad. Real bad.
Yesterday, against the ChiSox, Nick Johnson finally drove in a few runs (although that’s not really his job, per se, as he is mainly in the two-hole to get on base). Though he was only 1-for-4 and ended the day with a triple slash line of .141/.368/.234, one thing that was noticeable was that [...]
The Bombers looked poised for a rough start to this season as well. The schedule-makers seemingly saw fit to punish the [...]
Has there been a more enjoyable storyline in the 2010 season than the emergence of Phil Hughes as a reliable — and so far, rather dominating — component of the Yankees’ starting rotation? Sure, Robbie Cano’s hot start has been a blast, but considering that many of us have [...]
Yesterday was easily the most frustrating loss of the season for the Yankees. Instead of recapping, I’m just going to list the things that frustrated me.
1. Andruw Jones’ beard. I don’t get the whole ‘regular-looking-facial-hair-on-my-chin-with-less-and-less-as-it-goes-up-but-it-doesn’t-reach-my-sideburns’ look. Oh, and he hit two homers off of Javy Vazquez yesterday. This may frustrate some because [...]
[image title="nicky" size="full" id="17145" align="center" linkto="full" ]
As we have stated many times since he signed with the team, Nick Johnson is not the greatest bet to make it through a season unbothered by injuries. Nick has never played more than 147 games, and missed all of 2007 and most of the 2008 season. [...]
Derek Jeter’s gotten off to a fine start. He hasn’t quite heated up yet, but he’s not exactly been cold either. Going into last night’s win against the Orioles, his wOBA was at a solid .344, and that’s going to be higher today thanks to a double and a single last night. There is [...]
The Yankees jumped on Jeremy Guthrie right off the bat, picking up two quick runs in the top of the first and never looking back en route to an 8-3 win over the Orioles on Wednesday night.
The Yankees would pick up seven runs off Guthrie (six earned), more [...]
Last night’s loss to the Orioles was definitely frustrating for a number of reasons. Let’s start from the end and work our way back a bit.
–The top of the ninth was incredibly bitter sweet, as are all comebacks that fall just short. Seriously, where the hell was Julio Lugo playing on that ball Alex [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees