Yesterday, Chad Jennings had some injury updates. Let’s take a look and see what we’ve got.
1. Jorge Posada hopes to be back in the lineup. That’s great news, as Posada’s bat makes the lineup that much more dangerous again. His 2010 line sits at .326/.406/.618/1.024, .441 wOBA, 180 wRC+. Posada coming back could [...]
And so the thinkable has happened: Yankeeist’s beloved Nick Johnson, a.k.a Nick the Stick a.k.a. Nick the Walk will be spending significant time on the disabled list, out until sometime in July at the earliest.
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, the Yankees’ designated hitter, Nick Johnson, will undergo surgery on his right wrist tomorrow, as the cortisone injection he recently received must not have done the trick. KR continues that the surgery will likely keep Johnson sidelined until July (it’s Johnson though, so he may very well [...]
When Nick Johnson signed with the Yanks this past off season, much was made about his keen batting eye and his robust .424 On-Base% from last year. Much was also made about the fact that he’s always hurt, and how much time he’s missed since becoming a MLB ‘regular’. Just to have [...]
With Nick Johnson headed to the disabled list, the Yankees must make do without their regular DH for some time. Just the other day, Moshe asked us and you what we’d do in case Johnson did go down. Now that the situation has actually arisen, let’s take a look at the scenarios that Moshe [...]
The Yankees beat the Red Sox 10-3 on Friday night, although it certainly didn’t look like a game that would end up with a stereotypical Fenway Park final score after the first three innings. Josh Beckett came out of the gate like a [...]
Here’s an interesting bit of text via Bryan Hoch from early March:
The goal is to cut out the movement of Johnson’s back foot in the box, which should help him generate power.
“I’m just trying not to drift, trying to be more direct,” Johnson said. “I’m working on turning my back foot. [...]
This is getting pretty ho-hum, isn’t it? The Yankees have all but one of the series they’ve played this year after sweeping Baltimore out of the Bronx yesterday. As they have been all season, the Yankees starters have been the biggest contributors to the wins.
All together, starters CC Sabathia, A.J. Burnett, and Andy Pettitte [...]
The only thing I dislike about attending a baseball game is not knowing why substitutions are being made. When I watch a game on my couch I have the announcers to explain any lineup change. When I watch a game at the Stadium I may not even catch a substitution as it happens.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
- Multitech-Info.Com.pl on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- adult toys for women glass on Ladies and Gents, we now have a formula for winning in October
- monster beats tour on Midseason Prospect Rankings
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees