Chris Jaffe at THT provided an interesting list yesterday, highlighting the 25 winningest liveball-era pitchers prior to turning 31. Here is the top 10, click through to see the entire list:
202 (224) Catfish Hunter
192 (266) Bob Feller
191 (207) Hal Newhouser
190 (193) Wes Ferrell
189 (286) Robin [...]
Hurray for Fridays, the Yankees not being in Canada or Tampa any longer, non-artifical surfaces in general, upcoming weaker portions of the schedule, and non-divisional-rivalry matchups! Now if only we could do something about this blistering heat other than find the closest/most powerful air conditioning unit, we’d really be in business. Tonight’s game will mark Hughes’ third [...]
Hurray for no more Canada! Instead, the Yankees will be switching artificial surfaces as the team heads to the Trop for another four game set against divisional rivals, the Tampa Bay Rays. I suppose now is as good of a time as any to present the narratives; so, here we go bullet style!
The Yanks will [...]
The Yanks are back in action tonight against the pesky Blue Jays. They’ll be looking to pick themselves up after yesterday’s embarrassing 16-7 dismantling. In the spirit of Friday day humor, here’s an outstanding graphic compliments of The Onion. Use this as your game thread for the evening. If things get rough this evening, [...]
Well, why not? Here’s my “process”- I like upside, I like guys who are young for their level and I also have to consider the results. Tools don’t always translate into results obviously and it goes the other way as well- just because a guy is putting up huge numbers in A ball doesn’t make him a [...]
A few weeks ago, I highlighted a fascinating bit of ongoing research from Max Marchi of THT regarding framing pitches. Today, he released updated leaderboards for the last 3 seasons as well as some more explanations regarding his work, and some of the names therein should be interesting to Yankees fans:
The draft took place about a month ago now and the Yankees have signed 12 players so far. Here’s a look at who has signed at this point:
Sam Stafford and Justin James are the most recent signings to this point. Here’s how they’ve done so far in a [...]
In last night’s Open Thread, Steve asked us to complete the following sentence: “If George was still alive….” My response was as follows:
“….he’d probably wonder why people forgot that he was basically all bark and no bite once he came back from suspension, and would be baffled by the fact that [...]
Over the last few weeks, one line of reasoning that has become en vogue is the idea that the Yankees do not trust their prospects or are afraid to use them. Essentially, the argument is that the club’s unwillingness to call up Jesus Montero or to use one of Hector Noesi, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees