About 6 weeks ago, I looked at the Yankees’ baserunning and found them wanting in a number of areas. In particular, struggles on the part of Curtis Granderson and Brett Gardner were dragging the entire team’s baserunning stats down, as the club was subpar in terms of stolen bases and [...]
Jay Jaffe over at Pinstriped Bible recently took a look at the Yankees’ bullpen and liked what he saw:
Add it all up and the Yankee bullpen now has the AL’s lowest ERA at 3.08, its second-best strikeout rate at 8.1 per nine (the Red Sox are .0024 behind them in that department), [...]
Larry usually writes these previews, but he is on vacation, so I am going to take a stab at it. Try not to point and laugh at any ineptitude you may perceive on my part.
The Angels have struggled to score runs all season, and are 13th in the AL in runs [...]
I hope you’ve all allocated a good chunk of your time this weekend for sports viewing. The next few days should deliver some exciting baseball as the American League’s two best teams prepare for yet another showdown. If that weren’t compelling enough, both teams are tied for first place in the division.
If you [...]
There is a lot to like about Ivan Nova. He has a fastball that sits around 93 and can get up to 95-96, a curve that looks pretty to the naked a eye, and he uses his stuff to get plenty of groundballs and keep the ball in the park. He reportedly has [...]
There are a bunch of story lines and discussions that have been floating around the blogosphere over the last few days that I wanted to address. Let’s run through them:
1) Mike Axisa of RAB wrote an interesting post on Jorge Posada’s diminished bat speed, which set off a conflagration in the comments regarding [...]
The Yankees’ starting rotation has performed surprisingly well thus far in 2011, with the 4th best ERA (and FIP) in the American League. An amazing year from CC Sabathia, surprising effectiveness from Freddy Garcia and Bartolo Colon, and adequate years from A.J. Burnett and Ivan [...]
32 years ago today, Thurman Munson died tragically when the plane he was piloting crashed during an attempted landing at an Ohio airport. Let’s take a look at his place in the Yankees catching annals, ranked using bWAR (Note: this portion of the post initially ran in May 2010):
1. Yogi Berra (61.8 WAR [...]
As Mike Axisa outlined yesterday over at RAB (UPDATE: Chad Jennings confirms), the combination of Saturday’s doubleheader and the relative struggles of Phil Hughes and success of Ivan Nova has made it likely that the Yankees will go to a 6 man rotation for the next week. This is [...]
The Bombers will conclude this month with a series against the beleaguered Baltimore Orioles. As Larry noted in his series preview, the O’s haven’t played particularly well for the majority of this season, and have been especially ineffective of late. The Yankees, on the other hand, are currently 20 games over .500, have averaged [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees