Less than a day after writing a post absolving Joe Girardi of any wrongdoing in the Yankees’ 8-7 win, last night came another tough one-run loss featuring a handful of moves — or really, non-moves — by Girardi that were questionable.
This time the primary issue revolved [...]
Mark Teixeira hit his first grand slam as a New York Yankee en route to a 4-0 win over the Mets, as the 2010 Subway Series ended in a draw for the sixth time. The Yankees’ win combined with another Tampa Bay loss gave the Yankees sole possession [...]
Hisanori Takahashi shut the Yankees down for the second straight time, tossing six shutout innings, as the Bombers fell to the Mets 4-0. Javier Vazquez notched another solid outing, throwing seven innings of one-run ball, but given the Yankees’ latest offensive malaise that would wind up being [...]
A month ago I would’ve expected this to have been a cakewalk, but as mentioned on Monday, the Mets are [...]
The Yankees won 9-5 on Sunday, completing the sweep of the sad Houston Astros this weekend and pulling into a tie with the Tampa Bay Rays for both first place in the AL East and the best record in baseball.
The Yankees appeared to be on their way to [...]
The Yankees dropped the final game of three to the Twins 8-2 in what can only be characterized as a poor effort all around. Javier Vazquez was terrible, allowing five runs in 5 2/3 innings. To their (slight) credit, the slumbering Yankee offense shrunk the gap to only two [...]
The Yankees concluded a horrendous seven days of baseball by losing to the inferior Mets 6-4 in the ESPN Sunday Night Heartbreaker Marathon game. As has been par for the course this week, the Yanks once again strung together a late rally but couldn’t claw all [...]
I missed most of last night’s game, as I was out enjoying a fantastic dinner with my family at Ruth’s Chris in Midtown. My wife and I went out for a pre-dinner drink at Ava, the rooftop bar at the Dream Hotel — ordinarily this is the kind [...]
The Yankees beat the Mets 2-1 on the strength of six strong innings of one-hit, shutout ball from Javier Vazquez. I was watching the game at Bleecker Heights with an old friend of mine, and so we were baffled when Vazquez — who had been absolutely [...]
[image title="$$19SPYANKEESMURRAY" size="full" id="18158" align="center" linkto="full" ]
For many years, the Subway Series between the Yankees and Mets has been a series that I have circled on the proverbial calendar. No matter the relative fortunes of the two teams, it has always been fun to watch the teams meet to determine intra-city supremacy. Some [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees