Dave Eiland recently made some comments that suggested that Yankees pitchers are afraid to throw strikes in the New Yankee Stadium. While I have a more extensive study planned for this weekend, I did want to reference what Steve Lombardi wrote on this this afternoon:
I made my second trip to the new park last night, and sat in the grandstand behind the plate. I really do not know what people were complaining about, I felt just as close as I did in similar seats (about 5 rows from the top) in the old park, and the concourses and general [...]
EJ, Eric, and I were at the game last night, and it was my first trip to the new park. Let me give a very brief review: We sat in Section 203, the new home of the bleacher creatures. From our seats, the Stadium felt exactly like the old place, just a bit nicer and [...]
From Pete Abe’s Mailbag:
Ralph writes: Everyone has their own breaking point. I’ve been accepting of all the changes at the Stadium this year. My breaking point came with every strikeout getting a P.C. Richard’s whistle over the loudspeaker and every stolen base getting a “Gotta Go to Mo’s.”
Answer: I’m with [...]
Good ole’ Wally Matthews chimes in with his take on the New Yankee Stadium:
Whatever it is, the franchise that took ownership of the home run, whose players have hit some of the most famous home runs in baseball history – The Babe’s called shot, Reggie’s three on three consecutive World Series pitches, The [...]
I had a few random thoughts on the last couple of games, so I’m going to scrap my usual recap format and just go with some bullet points.
Have you ever seen anyone quite as happy after hitting a walk-off home run as Alex Rodriguez was yesterday? The look on his face as he rounded [...]
I was having a debate over at RAB with a commenter about the social stratification in the new Yankee Stadium, and a thought came to me that I think is a particularly important point that has not yet been brought up.
Let me tell you a story about a Stadium that had one area [...]
From Tyler Kepner:
Fans will now be able to watch batting practice from the seats along the left- and right-field lines and in the outfield (Sections 129 to 136 and 103 to 111).
Alice McGillion, a spokeswoman for the Yankees, said that after the team received complaints it looked at the policy at [...]
Jaon at IIATMS runs through the factors that contributed to the premium tickets to games at the new Yankees Stadium going unsold:
The economy tanked
Personal wealth linked to the capital markets tanked
Government bailout of Wall Street behemoths
Many, many Wall Street financial institutions merged/disappeared
From The Baseball Analysts:
There’s been a lot of talk about the new Yankee Stadium playing like a bandbox, but the old stadium wasn’t so bad itself. The short right-field porch allowed the Yankees to stack up on lefties, so there has been a higher percentage of homers hit to right in Yankee Stadium [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees