In a contest with a final score that seemed rather appropriate for the so-called “year of the pitcher,” the National League finally beat the American League in the All-Star Game for the first time in 14 years, winning 3-1 on the strength of some ridiculous pitching.
Though I enjoy [...]
Despite a long and storied history between the New York Yankees (45-27, 1st in AL East) and Brooklyn Los Angeles Dodgers (39-33, 3rd in NL West, 3 GB), the two teams really haven’t had much interaction since I started paying attention to baseball in the late ’80s. They last met [...]
So, how about that Andy Pettitte?
Seriously, is there anything he can’t do these days? Andy, have you thought about giving curing cancer a try? Pettitte has been a near-lock for seven innings of two-runs-or-less ball this season, and true to form he gave another seven strong innings last [...]
The Yankees’ uninspired play in Arizona last night reminded me of Interleague 2007, when everyone was up in arms over the Yanks getting their rear ends handed to them by the then-mediocre Colorado Rockies and San Francisco Giants. This subsequently made me wonder how the Yankees have fared during the last few years at [...]
The Yankees are in the desert for a three-game set starting tonight against the franchise that beat them in seven games in the heartbreaking 2001 World Series. The 2010 Diamondbacks are obviously a completely different ballclub, but it’s hard not to think about a trip to Phoenix without dredging [...]
Mark Teixeira hit his first grand slam as a New York Yankee en route to a 4-0 win over the Mets, as the 2010 Subway Series ended in a draw for the sixth time. The Yankees’ win combined with another Tampa Bay loss gave the Yankees sole possession [...]
A month ago I would’ve expected this to have been a cakewalk, but as mentioned on Monday, the Mets are [...]
The Philadelphia Phillies return to Yankee Stadium tonight for the first time since losing the 2009 World Series to the Yankees in Game 6 last November 4.
The two teams have of course added and subtracted a wide variety of players from their rosters since that time, although most [...]
I am attending tonight’s game, and in an absurdly bizarre twist of fate, happened to be at the Stadium [...]
The Yankees dropped the final game of three to the Twins 8-2 in what can only be characterized as a poor effort all around. Javier Vazquez was terrible, allowing five runs in 5 2/3 innings. To their (slight) credit, the slumbering Yankee offense shrunk the gap to only two [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees